Botswana: Buffalo Kills Woman, Leaves Baby Unharmed

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Source: https://allafrica.com/stories/201908130065.html

Botswana: Buffalo Kills Woman, Leaves Baby Unharmed

Kasane — Kachikau police are investigating an incident in which a buffalo killed an 80-year-old woman on the outskirts of Kavimba this morning.

Station commander, Superintendent Situme Budani, said the woman was certified dead at the hospital.

He said the police received a report from a passerby who found an un-harmed seven-month old girl in the bush next to a lifeless body of her grandmother. The buffalo was spotted a few metres away from the duo as if standing guard.

Supt Budani said the police killed the buffalo, while the baby was treated and discharged from the hospital.

He said the elderly woman had gone into the bush to look for her missing goats.

This is the second incident this month in which a wild animal killed a person in Kachikau police jurisdiction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZacharyLov

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh