Thomasrey

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, France, Mauritius
Just returned from a 7 days hunting trip from Bokamoso Safari in Botswana. I was there with my father Thierry, my brother in law Julien and a friend from France Marcel. I was going to bow-hunt for 7 days while the others will be hunting with riffles. Marcel brought his bow as he was keen to spend 1/2 days in the hide with me.
We all met at Johannesburg on the 13th of August and we left for Maun (Botswana) at 11.00am on the next day.
We arrived at the camp at 4.30pm. Just had the time to unpack my bows, mount back the sights and shoot a few arrows. Bow was still dead on. I had a bowtech Reign 7 set at 71 pounds & was using Easton axis arrows with QAD Exodus 125gr, total arrow weight was 580gr.
I had an amazing time there, this is a real paradise for bowhuting. I saw plenty of games everyday coming to drink and was amazed by the quality of the trophies they have. It is a 60,000 hectares farm with 6/7 hides next to waterholes for bowhunting. The farm has around 15/20 waterholes. The camp was top notch and the PH were excellent. I will definitely go back in a few years.

Hope you will enjoy the videos.

Thomas

DAY 1:

DAY 2/4/7:

DAY 3:

DAY6:

eland 2.jpg
eland 1.jpg
impala.jpg
kudu.jpg
oryx.jpg

warthog.jpg
wildebeest 1.jpg

Watched the first vid so far! Had to look at pics before watching more! Congrats on your hunt ans thanks for sharing!

Awesome spread on that eland!

Congrats on your hunt, that is a great Eland !

Congratulations on some nice trophies.

Just watched Day 1... What a kudu! The one that got away! What’s the PH’s name? Was that a lump of thorns stuck in the honey badger? Awesome warthog! My brother’s impala ended-up with a leg stuck inside the horns.

Just watched Day 1... What a kudu! The one that got away! What’s the PH’s name? Was that a lump of thorns stuck in the honey badger? Awesome warthog! My brother’s impala ended-up with a leg stuck inside the horns.

Richard Pealce was the PH, he was excellent throughout the safari. Yes, a lump of thorns was stuck to him, when I first saw him I thought he was injured.
That was a monster Kudu, we never saw him again and he was the biggest one we saw on the 7 hunting days. We probably saw 10-12 kudu's over 50''.

Just saw this! I really enjoyed the videos especially of the honey badgers and wild dogs! Some great trophies!

Great videos. Nice trophies. Congrats on a great hunt.
Bruce

Just returned from a 7 days hunting trip from Bokamoso Safari in Botswana. I was there with my father Thierry, my brother in law Julien and a friend from France Marcel. I was going to bow-hunt for 7 days while the others will be hunting with riffles. Marcel brought his bow as he was keen to spend 1/2 days in the hide with me.
We all met at Johannesburg on the 13th of August and we left for Maun (Botswana) at 11.00am on the next day.
We arrived at the camp at 4.30pm. Just had the time to unpack my bows, mount back the sights and shoot a few arrows. Bow was still dead on. I had a bowtech Reign 7 set at 71 pounds & was using Easton axis arrows with QAD Exodus 125gr, total arrow weight was 580gr.
I had an amazing time there, this is a real paradise for bowhuting. I saw plenty of games everyday coming to drink and was amazed by the quality of the trophies they have. It is a 60,000 hectares farm with 6/7 hides next to waterholes for bowhunting. The farm has around 15/20 waterholes. The camp was top notch and the PH were excellent. I will definitely go back in a few years.

Hope you will enjoy the videos.

Thomas

DAY 1:

DAY 2/4/7:

DAY 3:

DAY6:

View attachment 246353 View attachment 246352 View attachment 246354 View attachment 246355 View attachment 246356
View attachment 246357 View attachment 246358
Nice videos, looks like you had a great hunt. Appreciate the posts.

Congrats, very nice eland and warthog!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross