BOTSWANA: Botswana Safari With NKWE SAFARIS

Aaron.F

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Well it is officially official, we just booked our airline tickets to hunt with @NKWE SAFARIS in Botswana this Mid-May. The hunt was supposed to happen last year and we had to postpone until this year, due to that COVID thing. My wife, my two younger brothers and I will be hunting plains game and are totally excited.

C0DD5A76-0C59-44A5-91E8-6974A3F62040.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome! I don’t know Jaco, but I know the general area, it is amazing. I’m sure you will have a great hunt!

Looking forward to meeting you guys. We will have a great hunt

I am leaving this evening from Chicago with my wife and two brothers, arriving in Botswana on Monday. We are starting with a photo safari in the Okavango Delta and then arriving at NKWE Safaris camp on Friday for a plains game safari. We will be in Botswana for 12 days overall, to say that I am excited is the understatement of the year. This is the first safari for all of us.

Arrived home late this last Saturday night. We had an amazing experience in Botswana overall and the hunt with NKWE Safaris was simply outstanding and awesome. My brothers and I harvested 20 trophies…they may not all be trophies to some but they are to us. Here are some of the photos:
92D51C44-9F30-48BB-8347-2DCB693B296D.jpeg
C0DD5A76-0C59-44A5-91E8-6974A3F62040.jpeg
757C5278-7C6C-485C-BAB1-53F37D985E9A.jpeg
2F529351-40F8-473B-A837-A0B0D57977C3.jpeg
6A485574-B4BD-4085-9C30-54C16621B83B.jpeg
FA6D37F4-2367-4542-BA7A-428560DC9323.jpeg

Congrats & thx for sharing … looks like a very successful first Safari outing! A trip to BOTS is on my short-list & NKWE atop the Outfitters list.

Happy Trails

Looks great, congratulations all around. Any report to go along with the great pictures?

Wow congrats! I have heard nothing but great things about Jaco and @NKWE SAFARIS and hope to hunt with him sometime. Looking forward to more details once you get caught up!

Hi @Aaron.F … curious, did you select May for a specified reason or just how the dates fell?

For me, May is a special month for PG hunting - both, quality weather & +/- the Rut can bump ^ the odds abit w/ mature males willingness to group w/ females.

Hi @NKWE SAFARIS … Q: preferred hunting month for planning purposes & not meant to be a loaded question. ;)
March: Eland Rut?
* May: I suspect, hit the peak rut for Kudu, Impala & Warthog?
* Sept: Rescinding Delta & Barbel Run plus Hot (?) Tiger fishing?

Relatively accurate w/ these thoughts/assumptions? Thx.

Congrats some good animals and super warthogs with good long ivory.

Hi @Aaron.F … curious, did you select May for a specified reason or just how the dates fell?

For me, May is a special month for PG hunting - both, quality weather & +/- the Rut can bump ^ the odds abit w/ mature males willingness to group w/ females.

Hi @NKWE SAFARIS … Q: preferred hunting month for planning purposes & not meant to be a loaded question. ;)
March: Eland Rut?
* May: I suspect, hit the peak rut for Kudu, Impala & Warthog?
* Sept: Rescinding Delta & Barbel Run plus Hot (?) Tiger fishing?

Relatively accurate w/ these thoughts/assumptions? Thx.

We initially were trying for May to hit the kudu rut,but it was mostly over. Ultimately the dates we picked allowed us to take advantage of a holiday here in the US to recover from the jet lag.

Congratulations. I also saw a few of your photos on HuntTalk forum.

Congratulations. I also saw a few of your photos on HuntTalk forum.
Thank you, those were probably posted by my youngest brother Dustin (Werty, on this forum), as I am not on HuntTalk. He is the one standing behind the kudu and I am the one with the great beard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinayzi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you