Botswana blond lions pictures

Luis Almeida

Reaction score
Media
Anyone has pictures of trophy lions of Botswana? A friend of mine was telling me that nowadays no Kalahari lions are really wild but I mentioned to him that the lion hunting in Botswana was very good, and the kalahari produced fine trophies, but I don´t seem to find any picture of them, either blond or black maned lions, the pictures I see are from okavango or south african lions.

Why would someone claim that Kalahari lions are not really wild?

Because of the lion hunting done in south africa, many are advertised as kalahari lions, or claimed to be from there.

Anyone has pictures of trophy lions of Botswana? A friend of mine was telling me that nowadays no Kalahari lions are really wild but I mentioned to him that the lion hunting in Botswana was very good, and the kalahari produced fine trophies, but I don´t seem to find any picture of them, either blond or black maned lions, the pictures I see are from okavango or south african lions.
Somebody is confused....Not only has Botswana got the biggest lions in body weight and manes, Botswana was the first lions that started preying on Elephants.....

Two separate prides of lions in the Okavango delta, Duba plains to be more precise, hunt buffalo exclusively, nothing else, these Okavango lions have much larger and more muscular front quarters as they often hunt these buffalo in the water.....

The Okavango is in Botswana by the way..

Cant post mine here are some, there are plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somebody is confused....Not only has Botswana got the biggest lions in body weight and manes, Botswana was the first lions that started preying on Elephants.....

Two separate prides of lions in the Okavango delta, Duba plains to be more precise, hunt buffalo exclusively, nothing else, these Okavango lions have much larger and more muscular front quarters as they often hunt these buffalo in the water.....

The Okavango is in Botswana by the way..
Gee, if it wasn’t for the explosion of people I’d love to have seen where that went in a few 10’s of thousands of years.

1605216570425.png

From the book, 'The Hunting Blackbeards of Botswana.' This incredible lion was hunted by Gavin Blackbeard (yes, a direct descendant of the famous pirate) on his cattle post near Serowe. One of the biggest I've ever seen.

Gavin Blackbeard and his incredible lion-Botswana.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross