Botswana...anything new..?

Pondoro

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
For those in the know......has there been any positive developement regarding Botswana to reopen hunting..?

I understand that farmers protest the hunting ban and there is some talk about the san sueing the government over this..?

Mixing and matching a few issues here.

San have been suing over access and hunting rights for some time in Botswana.
Even after the San being successful in the courts the government has done nothing but ignore the verdict and continue to ignore the legalized rights of the San.
Ongoing fight.....
Nothing to do with the current ban on hunting the big stuff on public land.

Currently the Communities/ communal areas complaining and making their thoughts on the ban known are being presented in the media. However, I seriously wonder if the government could care less about this minority complaining.

I have heard absolutely nothing about the current government thinking about revisiting the decision to ban hunting. In fact, I would be shocked if they turned it around any time soon.

Too much elephant...ruining the countryside...breaking down fences at farms, doing havoc..

What is wrong with Ian Khama..??

Too much elephant...ruining the countryside...breaking down fences at farms, doing havoc..

What is wrong with Ian Khama..??

Self interested, self involved , !@#$%^&*(

Pondoro, there is some talks of opening in two years time. Will just have to wait and see.

Just before I left Maun, there was no trace of anything even related to hunting left. All associated businesses had packed up, which means to try an lure them back would be very difficult and costly. Also there is numerous tenders on going for previous hunting concessions, any that don't get snapped up by private photographic safari companies will be handed over to local community projects for them to do photographic. Unfortunately I do not see hunting returning any time soon! As long as the Jouberts have access to the President anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!