BOTSWANA: Another Dream Hunt This Time With NKWE SAFARIS & Jaco Visser

Thank you for the write up and photos. They have been on my list of “ones to watch” for a long time and I just moved them to the top!

Well done,congratulations. Thanks for posting and pictures.

Awesome thanks for sharing. Tiger fishing is definitely on the list next time

Congrats Matt, looks like a great time with Nkwe. They are firmly at the top of my Botswana list. Tiger fishing looks like a great way to use up down time. :D Beers:

The Central Kalahari is my favorite of all of Africa I’ve been. On the surface by appearance as dull and harsh as any Africa bush you could imagine during the dry season. But! Explodes with color and life within hours of any rain. The people and wildlife there are very special. I looked again at your kudu in this post after Jaco had posted it in an earlier thread. Absolutely uncanny… it has to be related to one I got near Ghanzi a few years ago. The skills of those San trackers have to be seen and experienced to be believed. Once on tracks, they’ll tell you which animal has a sore foot and which one has heartburn. Another not often mentioned thing about them is their incredible eyesight- 8x at least. :) I am a good tracker with a lifetime of experience but nothing compared to the San, they are phenomenal! I am fortunate to have discovered Botswana in time for my opportunity. Anyone should seriously consider giving Botswana a go and NKWE has gained a good reputation here on the forum. If you are a dedicated hunter, a few miles tracking eland in that fine, “slick”, gray Kalahari sand behind a San tracker needs to be experienced.

Thanks @matt vejar for posting this report. Well done!

Oh how I do like kudu !

Here’s what I’ve posted about. There is about kudu in that general area! Obviously some good genetics with some common heritable traits all evolved in that region of the Central Kalahari. Took the liberty of c&p @matt vejar ‘s kudu pic to post next to mine. :)
893FBFEA-98B4-4ED9-ADD6-F869439E827C.jpeg
363B27D5-C12F-4FBB-B3B9-F93BFBB31F18.jpeg

View attachment 537665
We went to talk to the owner Michael where I shot my first kudu and spotted this!! His son had shot it earlier in the year. I’ve never seen anything like it. We estimated 62”

Nothing like throwing a 62" kudu over by the used oil drums :oops::oops:

Excellent report, congratulations. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics and stories, Matt - Thank you! Our foursome is heading to Jaco's next week and I'm pretty damn stoked for my first trip to Africa at 70. Looking forward to seeing more pics and reading more details of your "excellent adventure".
How did your hunt go?

How did your hunt go?
Hi Matt - Our trip in June was absolutely wonderful! From arriving at Maun airport and being met by Jaco until Quinton dropped us off to leave for home, everything was done very well. Accommodations were very good and Godfrey did an excellent job preparing wonderful meals all week. This was my first Africa trip and I had nothing to compare it to except for reports of others, pictures, and stories related to me by my well-traveled hunting companions. My novice expectations were massively exceeded by the entire experience. A friend of mine used to be a PH in Zambia and South Africa along with his father and brother. He told me beforehand that if the PH tells me that an animal has "nice bases", you know it is a marginal animal. I said my response would be that "it also has four legs, to boot". Here are pics of what I took - nothing near as impressive as your kudu or eland, but they are all special to me. I really hope to get back to Jaco's camp, especially the new one, maybe in 2025. Your reports were very inspiring and in part, let me relive my trip. Thank you!
ElandCow4.jpg
ElandBull4.jpg
Gemsbok4.jpg
Wildebeest1.jpg
Warthog1.jpg
ZebraWithBinos3.jpg
Kudu4.jpg

How did your hunt go?
Oh CRAP!. Sorry Gemsbok45 for my confusion. For some reason I though you were Matt Vejar. Sorry, bud. Been a long day at work today. Have you gone with NKWE or thinking about going? I posted a report shortly after we returned. Thank you for asking!

Your trophies look really good!! Nice job!!

One fine fine hunt! All exceptional trophies! Oh am I envious! Thanks for sharing a great hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy76

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross