BOTSWANA: 30 Days With NKWE SAFARIS

Those swamp pics sure bring back a lot of memories. Did you spend any time in a makoro at all?

Looks like fun fishing.

Sweet kudu. Congratulations.

Great bull...

Looks like you had a great Safari and a fantastic Kudu to end the hunt!

A monster 58” kudu, fishing, good food. You had a super trip.

Ok. So back to Ghanzi and the Kudu hunting. Jaco decided we should go right back to the same area we were the first week. We planned to go back for about 4 days. We packed the truck and headed out. The first night proved to be the same. A ton of Kudu. Seeing lots of bulls and cows again.
View attachment 409479
So the next afternoon Jaco said I know a spot on the same farm that should be good. We will have to go early and check the wind and figure out where we would want to set up. So typically we were not seeing the bigger bulls until later in afternoon. So we headed out a bit earlier and got to the spot Jaco wanted to check out. Jaco figured out roughly where we should set up but there was no cover. So we spent about a half an hour making a blind. We sat down a tad early and joked that we would have a while until things picked back up. About one hour later a bunch of Kudu cows came running in and Jaco nodded that they were off my left shoulder. I slowly looked over and they were super close. Within 40 yards. We were watching them for about a minute when Jaco said there is a bull coming out. Without hesitation he said he's a big bull. I raised my gun up before I even saw the bull. If Jaco said he was big I knew he was a good bull. Just as I did he walked out and past the little cover we had. He was immediately locked onto us. Jaco whispered take him now and with that the rifle went off. The bull ran off and Jaco grabbed my elbow as one of the Kudu cows almost ran us over. He said to me he is hit hard. After I caught my breath and let my heart stop pounding we started tracking him. Roughly 50 yards away we found him.
View attachment 409481
View attachment 409482
View attachment 409483
View attachment 409484
View attachment 409485
View attachment 409486
View attachment 409487
View attachment 409488
Jaco gave him a measure and he turned out to be 58 inches. Absolutely Incredible. I honestly couldn't be happier. We with a doubt put the work in and it paid off. My trip was made. Awesome. We went back and had a couple drinks to cap off the evening.

We spent the last few days just relaxing and wondering how the trip went so fast. I was able to get my Covid test at local doctor in Ghanzi. I received written and emailed results the next day. The day after we were off to Maun so I could head home. The whole time pondering when I can return.

I have to say. This is my 13th trip to Africa. Third time being in Botswana. Jaco is the absolute best. Not only is he extremely experienced in hunting, but he is a great person. He will absolutely go out of his way to make sure your trip is something special. He has extensive experience in Dangerous Game hunting and plains game hunting. He has spent his whole life in the bush and it is evident when hunting with him. You would be hard pressed to find a better PH.
What a nice trip! And a great Kudu to top it off. Thanks and congradulations.

Great Kudu looks like you had a great time kicking around Botswana. Thanks for posting.

WOW, what a fun hunt. What are you planning for an encore?

Heck of a kudu!

Looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing...and congrats on the Kudu!

Sounds like you had a great time. Love the pics of the water in the bush. They needed it for sure. Congrats on a great kudu.
Bruce

wonderful report..........loved the fotos......what a fine time kudu hunting. Fun read.........FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg