Bos en Dal Safaris 2017 season update

Congrats Gerrit!

So today we were looking at areas where we can drill for water as it is very dry and some of the bore holes are drying up. ...................

I'd be interested in hearing about the story of this project.

Wayne will keep you updated. We got the services in of a Hydrologist who gave us a map showing undergtound fishers and rivers with GPS co-ordinates. We yesterday explored the locations of these "hotspots" to see if it is accesable with a drill! Next move will be to see if someone showing water show these same spots. And then we have to start drilling and hold thumbs

Pretty cool story.......only thing that would make it "cooler" is if the critter was taken with a cast lead bullet, like the .45-70 was originally loaded with. Hunting Africa with a lever action is something I always wanted to do........something along the lines of a cull hunt (impala, blesbok, warthog, etc) with my Winchester 94 in 30/30 and/or my Marlin 336 in .35 Remington; I have some older Winchester 170 grain Silvertips that I am saving for a "special" hunt with the 30/30.. Just found out from my opthomologist that my eyes are getting worse so open sights might not be an option for much longer.:(

P.S.: I wish you luck in finding your water!!(y)

Thank you sir. Yes these lever action rifles are something special. My dad got his sable with this exact same rifle. Was pretty special as well. Let me know about that cull hunt, your ph can carry a 45-70 as backup and we will look like old timers

And so today it happend again. This time my old man was busy with the cattle and saw a skinny kudu with a broken leg. With a 50yard shot he put this magnificent 56 2/8 kudu down with the trusted 45-70.

I wish i could have seen this bull a year ago as he had all the tributes of a magnificent bull with a thick neck and beautifull horns. But i guess there is a bull out there that defeated this old man to take the mating rights
20180126_191532.jpg

Very cool, nice kudu!

I'd be interested in hearing about the story of this project.

@BRICKBURN we have drilled 2 holes so far both up to 100m and both were as dry as a corck. Started with the 3rd one yesterday and on 40m we hit about 4000litres of water per hour. We need to keep praying

This is a great thread...love your Dad's lever gun...they are my favourite too. Great animals as well, hopefully you hit good water and get some rain.

@BRICKBURN we have drilled 2 holes so far both up to 100m and both were as dry as a corck. Started with the 3rd one yesterday and on 40m we hit about 4000litres of water per hour. We need to keep praying

Success did not come cheap.

Good luck with the next one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross