BigGame

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania
20200915_085020.jpg
20200915_085111.jpg
This is a "Born Again Springfield" inspired by an article about a build of an old Springfield sporter rifle. After reading the article I was inspired to undertake my own build from this side of the pond. It took a few years before I found a rifle suitable for the build and then a few years after, to complete the rifle.

It's an early Springfield sporter with the original sporter custom stock refinished. A steel grip cap and red pachmyer recoil pad were custom fitted. The action was case colored and attached to a Douglas premium barrel. I had front and rear sights added even though I was scoping the rifle. The rifle has a Leopold VX-3 3.5-10x40mm with target turret. You can have a custom elevation turret made for your hand loads. This rifle is in 270 win caliber as a tribute to Jack O'Connor. It has only been fired during the build and has not seen any range or field use. PM me with any questions or request additional photos.

$3,200 shipped to your FFL.

Hopefully, this rifle finds a new home or inspires similar builds.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a nice, classic rifle!

Can’t believe this hasn’t sold yet. Bumping up for a great guy to do business with.

Beautiful rifle.... I bought Todd's 375 and it was super nice. I have no doubt this rifle is as nice as the ad says it is.

Wow, beautiful rifle!

Kudos for including what appear to be a fine set of open sights in the build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg