Boone Picken's ranch for sale: "Tire kickers are not welcome"

"Oasis in the Panhandle"....whomever wrote that is true salesman!

"Oasis in the Panhandle"....whomever wrote that is true salesman!

If you look at the video in the Dallas Morning News article, it really is an "Oasis in the Panhandle." I would hate to pay the water bill.

Being in the Panhandle does make it an oasis, as it is surrounded by land that is much less productive.

If it were in the middle of the rainforest, it would not be an oasis.

Hmmm...just checked my pocket change, but I’m a little short. Darn! Shouldn’t have bought the grandbabe ice cream yesterday!

I imagine they would put me in the "tire kickers" group

Hmmm...just checked my pocket change, but I’m a little short. Darn! Shouldn’t have bought the grandbabe ice cream yesterday!

Im just a few pennies short myself... maybe you and I could go in together and pick the place up...

You can keep the main lodge.. I'll just take the chapel and sleep in there (I need all the help I can get anyway..)...

:D

$1000 in Bitcoins when they first started would have netted you today almost the asking price. I missed the boat.

your not kidding we havent had any moisture in 2 months. Some years we have tons of rain though, last spring and early fall we had more than we knew what to do with. It's all gone now though
Did you not get any of those ten inches of snow last week? I've heard there was a helluva blizzard. My brother is in central AL, and they had to shut down the roads.

Did you not get any of those ten inches of snow last week? I've heard there was a helluva blizzard. My brother is in central AL, and they had to shut down the roads.
Nope, I think we’re at something like 68 days with no moisture.

Still available..........$220 million asking price for 65,000 acres plus improvements. ($3,384/acre).

Still available..........$220 million asking price for 65,000 acres plus improvements. ($3,384/acre).

Wow what a deal. I'll jump right on that.

I will buy it if I can get a partner........any takers.........?.......................FWB

I will buy it if I can get a partner........any takers.........?.......................FWB

I’m in if you got $219M and I’m just minority partner.

We may need one or two more, Mort..................but we're almost there.......FWB

We had a 10000 acres go up for auction here in Kansas several years ago. The guy that won the bid didn't have the funds. Anyway he was a big shot for a few days.

Mr Pickens was a quail hunter and new early on the birds needed grass and insects to multiply and thrive. So apparently he chose an area for the ranch that had healthy water table. He developed an extensive water system throughout the ranch just for the quails....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg