Bookings for 2023...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Yes, I am an addict for elephants. Sent the deposit today along with the signed contract to CMS for a trophy elephant hunt. This is a special area where they get 2 licenses a year. Kazuma forestry area for October 1-15. Average has been 30+kg a side for the last several years on these hunts. Big bodied Botswana elephants coming down for water. I have a buffalo tag as well, but priority is elephant and will not take a shot at a buffalo and waste a day if the elephant is not in the salt.

Dean Kendall will be my PH once again and Vincent my cook (really like his cooking).

I need to figure out the logistics now. The pickup for the hunt is at Victoria Falls and Fast Jet from Harare is a pain with carry ons as they are very narrow bodied planes.

In April I am headed to Argentina with @MG Hunting for red stag followed by 3 days of dove hunting. Then, 10 days of Tango dancing in BA with the girlfriend (our other passion).

May is whacking prairie dogs with my new 6mm Dasher for a few days.

In June I am taking my daughter, SIL, and grandkids sailing in the Mediterranean and Aegean seas, a friend is loaning me his 50' sailboat for a week or so. He has roller furling on everything, so it is easy to manage. He has a gennaker as well, so I will have my SIL help a bit if we want to use it.

July/August is open, so we'll see.

Some good hunts planned and even the dancing does not sound so terrible. . . Best luck to you in all your plans!

I hope to get a duck hunt in January. 2023 for me will probably be pretty restrictive. Maybe I can get a deer hunt in November. Maybe.
2024-2028 trips: Africa either Botswana or a bow hunt, antelope, elk, iowa whitetail, Missouri whitetail, mule deer, various duck hunts.

April - Considering European tourist trip with wife and parents. No hunting.

May - Guiding brown bear in Alaska for a friend/outfitter.

August - Dall's sheep hunt for my son with Bonnet Plume Outfitters in the Yukon. I'm going along to help and we will have two guides with us so I can maybe shoot a caribou or grizzly if the opportunity arises but mostly a college graduation present sheep hunt for my son. I may not shoot anything - just depends.

November - Splitting a full bag safari in Maswa in Tanzania with a friend with Mike Fell as PH.

Yes, I am an addict for elephants. Sent the deposit today along with the signed contract to CMS for a trophy elephant hunt. This is a special area where they get 2 licenses a year. Kazuma forestry area for October 1-15. Average has been 30+kg a side for the last several years on these hunts. Big bodied Botswana elephants coming down for water. I have a buffalo tag as well, but priority is elephant and will not take a shot at a buffalo and waste a day if the elephant is not in the salt.

Dean Kendall will be my PH once again and Vincent my cook (really like his cooking).

I need to figure out the logistics now. The pickup for the hunt is at Victoria Falls and Fast Jet from Harare is a pain with carry ons as they are very narrow bodied planes.

In April I am headed to Argentina with @MG Hunting for red stag followed by 3 days of dove hunting. Then, 10 days of Tango dancing in BA with the girlfriend (our other passion).

In June I am taking my daughter, SIL, and grandkids sailing in the Mediterranean and Aegean seas, a friend is loaning me his 50' sailboat for a week or so. He has roller furling on everything, so it is easy to manage. He has a gennaker as well, so I will have my SIL help a bit if we want to use it.

Sounds a great lineup. Remember that Fast Jet like Airlink do air drop, you leave it at the bottom of the stairs and pick it up at the bottom of the stairs.

I am trying to get a late season buffalo hunt this year, but if that doesn't come off it will be in June or so 2023. Then we are doing the Carruthers Gold Tie stag and grouse shoot in September 23 and the kitft Tiger Tournament in October 23.

Sounds a great lineup. Remember that Fast Jet like Airlink do air drop, you leave it at the bottom of the stairs and pick it up at the bottom of the stairs.
Yeah, except all my electronics are in my carry on. It does fit in the overhead but just a pain. I would not hand it in though.

The first hunt of the year I have an eland hunt in Cameroon in January. It is my dream hunt and I’m really excited for it. After that, I’m going lite, and have a spring roe deer hunt booked in Sweden and another rut roe deer hunt booked for Poland in August.

April - Considering European tourist trip with wife and parents. No hunting.

May - Guiding brown bear in Alaska for a friend/outfitter.

August - Dall's sheep hunt for my son with Bonnet Plume Outfitters in the Yukon. I'm going along to help and we will have two guides with us so I can maybe shoot a caribou or grizzly if the opportunity arises but mostly a college graduation present sheep hunt for my son. I may not shoot anything - just depends.

November - Splitting a full bag safari in Maswa in Tanzania with a friend with Mike Fell as PH.
Spain, UK, Hungary all have April roe deer seasons. A one or two day add on can’t hurt!

Tanks - I am still waiting on your full report from the recent hunt in Zim/Zam. I enjoyed the photos on instagram. Best,

Next year is going to be very busy for me. Besides ducks & geese in Idaho all winter, I’ve got a mule deer hunt on Tiburon Island, Sonora in January. Then, taking my daughter and her boyfriend to Kenya for 2 weeks in February, and finishing that trip in Masailand with Mubarak Atik of Eshkesh Safaris. August next year, I’ll be taking my son to hunt with Alan Vincent in the Selous for 16 days. I hunted Mlele with Alan last year, but he won MA1/Madaba in the recent auction so we are going to do a father—son hunt in the Selous with him next year.

And then I’ll hunt with Alan again 6 months later in Feb ‘23; when we spend 12 days chasing Lord Derby Eland and other game on Mayo Nduel.
I’m afraid I won’t be retiring anytime soon, as these hunts require me to keep working. :LOL:

@Tanks

Elephant hunt, tango dancing in BA and then sailing the Mediterranean = Weplayed sir!

Seriously, I hear people with the time and means to live their dreams constantly saying…..

“Someday I’ll (insert great hunt/holiday)!”

Because as you well know it’s easier to verbally dream than actually go out and live your life to its true potential.

Safe travels & good hunting to you and all your companions; as we wait updates of your coming adventures.

Hi Tanks, I will be booking an elephant hunt in Kazuma with Buzz/CMS in 2024. I’d love to get your thoughts on hunting the second half of October and the higher risk of rains pulling elephant into Botswana. I’d rather go the first half, but it’s already taken for 2024.
Thanks a good luck with your hunt next year!
Best,
Jim

Hi Tanks, I will be booking an elephant hunt in Kazuma with Buzz/CMS in 2024. I’d love to get your thoughts on hunting the second half of October and the higher risk of rains pulling elephant into Botswana. I’d rather go the first half, but it’s already taken for 2024.
Thanks a good luck with your hunt next year!
Best,
Jim
One thing you might do to give you an idea is to look at the weather in October of this year.

Bull elephant hunt with Wayne Van Den Bergh in June with my son. He will hunt buffalo if there are any in the area at the time, otherwise observe ele hunt and hunt available plains game / crocs. South African ranch hunt in August. Taking 3 African newbies (nieces and nephews) I won't hunt, but just tagging along and helping out .

OK.................. might bring my bow.

SCI convention in Nashville in February to look at hunts for 2025 (thinking cape buffalo again, maybe Zambia?), depart April 28 for 10 days of non-trophy elephant in Zimbabwe with Lin Stanton, then South Carolina for whitetail in October for our SCI Chapter group hunt. Local whitetail and turkey to fill in the middle, along with some fly fishing in the summer for trout locally (like I needed another hobby!). My final week of vacation is being occupied by a Disney cruise with the kids and wife in December.

Zambia in early August at @spike.t Takeri Game Reserve for a PG hunt with my daughter. Focusing on taking a nice sable for each of us. Mid-September is an archery elk hunt in Montana with Rising Son Outfitters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!