Booking for 2022, ~5 weeks in Africa

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Well, I have been back for about a month from Zimbabwe and ready to head back.

I just finished nailing down dates with CMS and @spike.t . I will be in Zimbabwe, specifically, Nyakasanga for buffalo and tuskless elephant August 1 - 14, 2022. Then I head out to Lusaka, Zambia on the 16th to hunt Sable and Lechwe August 18 - 24th and head home on the 26th.

My girlfriend and I will be in Zimbabwe on July 22nd doing a Victoria Falls etc. trip (itinerary still being developed), and then she heads home on the 30th and I take a charter out to start the hunt the following day on the 31st.

I have international trips scheduled in October (3 weeks to go), March and May so far so July will be here before I know it.

Hi Tanks,

Nyakasanga no finer place, no nastier elephant than Nyakasanga tuskless. Almost makes me miss Tetsi Flies!

Well, I have been back for about a month from Zimbabwe and ready to head back.

I just finished nailing down dates with CMS and @spike.t . I will be in Zimbabwe, specifically, Nyakasanga for buffalo and tuskless elephant August 1 - 14, 2022. Then I head out to Lusaka, Zambia on the 16th to hunt Sable and Lechwe August 18 - 24th and head home on the 26th.

My girlfriend and I will be in Zimbabwe on July 22nd doing a Victoria Falls etc. trip (itinerary still being developed), and then she heads home on the 30th and I take a charter out to start the hunt the following day on the 31st.

I have international trips scheduled in October (3 weeks to go), March and May so far so July will be here before I know it.

Looking forward to having you come visit

Sounds like another grand Africa adventure! Can’t wait to read this one.

Sounds like you have a proper trip planned.

A great trip. I’m excited for you…..and look forward to reading the report!

Sounds amazing...Will the two Heym(s) in 9.3x74R and 500NE be making a return trip?
May I recommend including the (step-count) in your future hunting report, as you did in your most recent one...This added a whole new perspective...
.500 NE definitely for buffalo and tuskless. The PG rifle will be a toss up between the 9.3x74R (286 grain SP), .300 RUM (200 grain Accubond) and .458 B&M (258 grain tipped CEB raptor). Whichever one I am more comfortable with up to 250 yards in regards to accuracy.

I also have a deposit down on a zebra (in order to reserve it) with CMS, so the PG rifle will also be used in Zim.

I have a feeling all 3 of them will fulfil the accuracy department with the edge going to .300 RUM, so it will most likely be a coin toss.

As long as I have my phone, I will keep track of steps.

I look forward to reading the next adventure. You might have to add some posts to this thread about what shooting practice you are doing, and then later inform us what worked best, etc. I enjoy reading about the preparation involved in any grand adventure.

Well, all the details are sorted out. We will actually arrive on the 20th of July with itinerary as follows:

July 20 - Arrive at Harare via Emirates and overnight at Amanzi Lodge at Harare.
July 21st - Take a short flight to Victoria Falls with a road transfer to The Hide at Hwange National Park.
July - 21 - 25, 4 nights at The Hide doing various activities.
July 25 - road transfer back to Victoria Falls and check in at Old Drift
July 25 - 29th, 4 nights at the Old Drift with various activities around Victoria Falls.
July 29th Fly back to Harare, check in at Amanzi, spend the afternoon doing shopping or something TBD.
July 30th Putter around Harare in the morning, put girlfriend on the flight home in the afternoon.

July 31 an early morning charter flight to Nyakasanga, relax and test the rifles.
August 1 -14 Hunt buffalo, tuskless, zebra and whatever moves ;)
August 15th charter flight back to Harare and overnight at Amanzi.
August 16th Fly to Lusaka via Emirates, meet Mike and overnight at Lusaka
August 17th Road transfer to camp.
August 18 - 24 Hunt for Sable and Kafue Lechwe
August 19 Road transfer back to Lusaka and overnight.
August 20th Head home via Emirates.

Here is some info regarding the non hunting portion of the trip.

1633279457640.png

And video

1633279711902.png

And video

Have any time to add in Chobe?

Have any time to add in Chobe?
That was one of the options presented as it is not that far from Victoria falls. However, I have a feeling that we will not be done with Covid by July 2022 and I did not want to deal with multiple country travel back and forth with Covid tests at each step.

I just finished my hunt in Dande East. My PH was telling me what an amazing area Nyakasanga is to hunt. Will you plan to add a chobe bushbuck to your list in Zambia too?

Not sure. Plan is Sable and Lechwe at the moment.

Well, 53 days out. The only change in plans was to push the trip back a couple of days so Dean could attend a wedding, so we arrive at Harare on the 22nd of July and I head to Nyakasanga on the 2nd of August.

Started my pre-Safari preparation. Even though I had been shooting all year none was with the .500, so took it out and checked out the RMR zero. Hit the bull, so it is good. The plan is to take it out twice a week until I leave shooting about 150 rounds or so in total in ranges from 25 yards to a 100 yards.

A friend wanted to come and watch also taped it. Here is the video.

Well, 53 days out. The only change in plans was to push the trip back a couple of days so Dean could attend a wedding, so we arrive at Harare on the 22nd of July and I head to Nyakasanga on the 2nd of August.

Started my pre-Safari preparation. Even though I had been shooting all year none was with the .500, so took it out and checked out the RMR zero. Hit the bull, so it is good. The plan is to take it out twice a week until I leave shooting about 150 rounds or so in total in ranges from 25 yards to a 100 yards.

When you mentioned your friend I thought you were putting the video of him shooting it on....:E Big Grin::E Big Grin:

When you mentioned your friend I thought you were putting the video of him shooting it on....:E Big Grin::E Big Grin:
That would be mean, though he did put it on a couple of gun forums and posted it on Youtube.

Last edited:

Good luck! I will be leaving Zambia just as you’re arriving. If I finish up early, I am hoping to stop by to see @spike.t but the nearest air strip isn’t real close. I’m looking forward to reading your report when you get back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross