Booking for 2022, ~5 weeks in Africa

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Well, I have been back for about a month from Zimbabwe and ready to head back.

I just finished nailing down dates with CMS and @spike.t . I will be in Zimbabwe, specifically, Nyakasanga for buffalo and tuskless elephant August 1 - 14, 2022. Then I head out to Lusaka, Zambia on the 16th to hunt Sable and Lechwe August 18 - 24th and head home on the 26th.

My girlfriend and I will be in Zimbabwe on July 22nd doing a Victoria Falls etc. trip (itinerary still being developed), and then she heads home on the 30th and I take a charter out to start the hunt the following day on the 31st.

I have international trips scheduled in October (3 weeks to go), March and May so far so July will be here before I know it.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Hi Tanks,

Nyakasanga no finer place, no nastier elephant than Nyakasanga tuskless. Almost makes me miss Tetsi Flies!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Well, I have been back for about a month from Zimbabwe and ready to head back.

I just finished nailing down dates with CMS and @spike.t . I will be in Zimbabwe, specifically, Nyakasanga for buffalo and tuskless elephant August 1 - 14, 2022. Then I head out to Lusaka, Zambia on the 16th to hunt Sable and Lechwe August 18 - 24th and head home on the 26th.

My girlfriend and I will be in Zimbabwe on July 22nd doing a Victoria Falls etc. trip (itinerary still being developed), and then she heads home on the 30th and I take a charter out to start the hunt the following day on the 31st.

I have international trips scheduled in October (3 weeks to go), March and May so far so July will be here before I know it.

Looking forward to having you come visit

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Sounds like another grand Africa adventure! Can’t wait to read this one.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Sounds like you have a proper trip planned.

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
A great trip. I’m excited for you…..and look forward to reading the report!

Randy Bo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Sounds amazing...Will the two Heym(s) in 9.3x74R and 500NE be making a return trip?
May I recommend including the (step-count) in your future hunting report, as you did in your most recent one...This added a whole new perspective...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Sounds amazing...Will the two Heym(s) in 9.3x74R and 500NE be making a return trip?
May I recommend including the (step-count) in your future hunting report, as you did in your most recent one...This added a whole new perspective...
.500 NE definitely for buffalo and tuskless. The PG rifle will be a toss up between the 9.3x74R (286 grain SP), .300 RUM (200 grain Accubond) and .458 B&M (258 grain tipped CEB raptor). Whichever one I am more comfortable with up to 250 yards in regards to accuracy.

I also have a deposit down on a zebra (in order to reserve it) with CMS, so the PG rifle will also be used in Zim.

I have a feeling all 3 of them will fulfil the accuracy department with the edge going to .300 RUM, so it will most likely be a coin toss.

As long as I have my phone, I will keep track of steps.

Tra3

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
I look forward to reading the next adventure. You might have to add some posts to this thread about what shooting practice you are doing, and then later inform us what worked best, etc. I enjoy reading about the preparation involved in any grand adventure.

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa

Well, all the details are sorted out. We will actually arrive on the 20th of July with itinerary as follows:

July 20 - Arrive at Harare via Emirates and overnight at Amanzi Lodge at Harare.
July 21st - Take a short flight to Victoria Falls with a road transfer to The Hide at Hwange National Park.
July - 21 - 25, 4 nights at The Hide doing various activities.
July 25 - road transfer back to Victoria Falls and check in at Old Drift
July 25 - 29th, 4 nights at the Old Drift with various activities around Victoria Falls.
July 29th Fly back to Harare, check in at Amanzi, spend the afternoon doing shopping or something TBD.
July 30th Putter around Harare in the morning, put girlfriend on the flight home in the afternoon.

July 31 an early morning charter flight to Nyakasanga, relax and test the rifles.
August 1 -14 Hunt buffalo, tuskless, zebra and whatever moves ;)
August 15th charter flight back to Harare and overnight at Amanzi.
August 16th Fly to Lusaka via Emirates, meet Mike and overnight at Lusaka
August 17th Road transfer to camp.
August 18 - 24 Hunt for Sable and Kafue Lechwe
August 19 Road transfer back to Lusaka and overnight.
August 20th Head home via Emirates.

Here is some info regarding the non hunting portion of the trip.

1633279457640.png

And video

1633279711902.png

And video

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
Have any time to add in Chobe?

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Have any time to add in Chobe?
That was one of the options presented as it is not that far from Victoria falls. However, I have a feeling that we will not be done with Covid by July 2022 and I did not want to deal with multiple country travel back and forth with Covid tests at each step.

375Fox

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
I just finished my hunt in Dande East. My PH was telling me what an amazing area Nyakasanga is to hunt. Will you plan to add a chobe bushbuck to your list in Zambia too?

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Not sure. Plan is Sable and Lechwe at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ch89lx

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?