Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia,....AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI
After almost six months of quotes from outfitters and tons (many many hours...) of research and some help from @Velo Dog, I wired the deposit today for my son and I second trip to the Dark Continent. This time with @Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris in Namibia for 10 days arriving in late April through the first week May 2019.

Airplane reservations are made with the help of Lori @Travel Express and she was great help.

The plan is to fly Alaska Air from Anchorage to Seattle then switch Emerites from Seattle to Joberg with a 8hr layover in Dubai. Then transfer to Air Namibia from Joberg to Windhoek.
On the return trip we are gonna go Windhoek-Joberg on Air Namibia and the transfer to BritishAir and fly Joberg-London- Seattle and then Ak Air back to Anchorage. I am using Alaska Airlines miles for all of it except the Joberg-Winhoek portions, which is where Lori worked her magic for us and hooked us up with the Air Namibia connections. We are not taking our guns this time due to the complicated connections and diffrent carriers (Khomas is letting us use theirs free of charge) and the fact that we are transferring through London on the way home..
I am going to try really hard not to check any luggage and take everything in our carry ons....we will see.

We plan to hunt the Khomas Highland for a few days outside Windhoek, then move up north to “Elephant Camp” for a few days. And maybe get to Swakopmund for some shark fishing and/or riding ATVs in the desert. Should be a good adventure!
Gemsbok, Hartebeest, Warthog, Steenbok, ostrich, ...all on the menu, but we are really going to take it as it comes without hitlist expectations. Whatever is good and fun until we run out of money is the real plan :)
But mostly I want my son to experience Namibia and some of the culture and history as well as hunting.
We had a blast in SA in 2016 with Pawprint and learned lots. Now we are going to spread out a little and make some new experiences.

Now the waiting begins.... but in the mean you all can look forward to me posting more guns for sale in the free classifieds as I start raising cash to pay for it all...:)

Congrats!!

Sounds like a great plan!

You and your son will love it. Philip is a good guy and there is plenty of game on his properties! My review from the trip my father and I took in May is almost done here.
Take lots of pictures, and make sure to take a journal with you to put what you did every day down on paper before you start drinking to many gin and tonics!

New
After almost six months of quotes from outfitters and tons (many many hours...) of research and some help from @Velo Dog, I wired the deposit today for my son and I second trip to the Dark Continent. This time with @Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris in Namibia for 10 days arriving in late April through the first week May 2019.

I am talking to Philip now, about a safari next year. Can you tell me why you booked with Khomas Highland? What made you confident enough to pull the trigger?
Thank you!
Jeff

New

I am talking to Philip now, about a safari next year. Can you tell me why you booked with Khomas Highland? What made you confident enough to pull the trigger?
Thank you!
Jeff

PM Sent @Jeffrey Masters

mekaniks

congrats! i's sure you will have a great time. velo dog is a great representative and a good friend of mine, he will answer any questions you have. I'm a touch jealous you are going!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseDapl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross