AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
Excited cannot even begin to describe to you the feeling I have today!!! After being a member of this site for almost a year I booked my first safari with @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS.

Months have been spent gathering ideas/knowledge, discussing hunts, potential locations, target animals, and potential outfitters. I have discussed potential hunts with numerous sponsors but finally settled on Philip with Khomas Highland Safaris. We’ve been discussing a hunt for months and I just felt like this was the place I should go!

I really appreciate everyone here who has weighed in and contributed to my education.

Also reading @gizmo review of his hunt has me stoked!!!

You will have a great time. I loved hunting Namibia. I hope you have some contact with the San bushmen. The worlds best trackers. Enjoy the experience and welcome to African fever
don

Congratulations, I am looking forward to that feeling of booking my first hunt, just not in the cards right now, looking forward to your write up, he is one of the outfitters that I have been looking at also, just based off of reading members experiences, game hunted and location.

I'm sure you'll have the hunt of a lifetime. Congrats
Bruce

I’ve known for a while that I was going to hunt with him but have been so busy that I couldn’t find time to go to the bank to make the wire/deposit. Planning on early August 2022.

Honestly, there’s so many good sponsors on this forum that it made me explore lots of avenues. After speaking to Philip on the phone, texting regularly coupled with his ability to answer all of my questions/ ease my concerns was big. The fact that it’s all pretty wild on Namibia was another factor.

Namibia is such a wonderful country with great people. I was treated so well on my hunt there. From the varying landscapes to the most spectacular stars at night. I think of it every day.

I cannot wait until I can go back!

You will love it.

Craig

Hey Congrats!! Good luck and will be looking forward to that report for sure. (y)(y)(y)

Congratulations, envious, have to wait to 2023! we'll need lots of pictures and a report.

Congratulations, you only have one "First" safari so take the time to enjoy the journey! Will be watching for a detailed hunt report on your return.

My first safari was Namibia as well. You are also going with a well respected outfit. Congrats.

Congrats! Hope you have great hunt!

Thanks all! I’m super excited!!

Good choice. Great outfitter. I look forward to your report.

I remember my first hunt, then years later, my first safari (also Namibia) and I remember how thrilled and exited I was.

I envy you for that! (y)

@Andrew Short Any luck on finding your Heym?
I’ve spoken to Chris Sells and we’ve exchanged emails. He’s sent plenty of pics!!! I haven’t pulled the trigger on the purchase yet though; I’ll probably end up ordering one unless he gets a trade in. Honestly, I wanted get this safari paid for first. Having said that, if I found a deal I’d go ahead and buy.

Awesome!!! What are you gonna be hunting?
Primary targets are Kudu, Gemsbok, Wildebeest and Zebra in the highlands. Moving down to elephant lodge for stalking Eland and seeing some big 5. Going to take any cull species presented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffreyOKe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg