Booked for my first safari

Congrats on booking your hunt! You will enjoy this.

Enjoy your trip! Keep notes of your questions now, you will find a lot of answers on this site.

Take what Africa has to offer! When the PH says that is a big animal, trust him.

My first hunt in Africa is next year as well....really glad I joined this site, your advice is great and I’m writing this all down in my trip note pad. A big thanks to all!!

My brother and I have hunted with Philip twice. On both occasions we kept an on-line daily journal of our hunt for friends and family to enjoy. You can still read about our journey by visiting www.broadtopbushmen.com. The password to enter the site is Magnum. It isn't a fancy site and doesn't contain advertising; its just two brothers who do their best to let their family and friends know we are safe and having a good time. The stories and pictures will give you some idea of what to expect and maybe even some ideas of what the area is like.

I've also posted a couple brief hunt reports here of our time with Philip and Thomas Highlands.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Be sure to allow time to see the country. Namibia is gorgeous. Save yourself some aggravation, and use their rifles.

Wish you the best !

Shoot straight and enjoy !

There is no real aggravation taking your own rifles if you want. You just have to learn the do's and don'ts of the process.

There is something about taking your first animals in Africa with your own rifles and reloads that you just can't replace with the outfitters equipment.

However if I do go back I'll be using the outfitters equipment since I now have my first safari under my belt.

My brother and I have hunted with Philip twice. On both occasions we kept an on-line daily journal of our hunt for friends and family to enjoy. You can still read about our journey by visiting www.broadtopbushmen.com. The password to enter the site is Magnum. It isn't a fancy site and doesn't contain advertising; its just two brothers who do their best to let their family and friends know we are safe and having a good time. The stories and pictures will give you some idea of what to expect and maybe even some ideas of what the area is like.

I've also posted a couple brief hunt reports here of our time with Philip and Thomas Highlands.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I believe you may have Sent me a PM but it won’t let me open it. It’s says I need a “conversation ID”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg