AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Congrats on booking your hunt! You will enjoy this.

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
Enjoy your trip! Keep notes of your questions now, you will find a lot of answers on this site.

Take what Africa has to offer! When the PH says that is a big animal, trust him.

Fastrig

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
CA, TX, MT, CO, NV, AK, NE, SD, FL
My first hunt in Africa is next year as well....really glad I joined this site, your advice is great and I’m writing this all down in my trip note pad. A big thanks to all!!

Eric Zelanko

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Namibia, Ontario, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, USA
My brother and I have hunted with Philip twice. On both occasions we kept an on-line daily journal of our hunt for friends and family to enjoy. You can still read about our journey by visiting www.broadtopbushmen.com. The password to enter the site is Magnum. It isn't a fancy site and doesn't contain advertising; its just two brothers who do their best to let their family and friends know we are safe and having a good time. The stories and pictures will give you some idea of what to expect and maybe even some ideas of what the area is like.

I've also posted a couple brief hunt reports here of our time with Philip and Thomas Highlands.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Jeffro

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Be sure to allow time to see the country. Namibia is gorgeous. Save yourself some aggravation, and use their rifles.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Wish you the best !

Shoot straight and enjoy !

JimP

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
There is no real aggravation taking your own rifles if you want. You just have to learn the do's and don'ts of the process.

There is something about taking your first animals in Africa with your own rifles and reloads that you just can't replace with the outfitters equipment.

However if I do go back I'll be using the outfitters equipment since I now have my first safari under my belt.

Hookboy88

AH member
Reaction score
My brother and I have hunted with Philip twice. On both occasions we kept an on-line daily journal of our hunt for friends and family to enjoy. You can still read about our journey by visiting www.broadtopbushmen.com. The password to enter the site is Magnum. It isn't a fancy site and doesn't contain advertising; its just two brothers who do their best to let their family and friends know we are safe and having a good time. The stories and pictures will give you some idea of what to expect and maybe even some ideas of what the area is like.

I've also posted a couple brief hunt reports here of our time with Philip and Thomas Highlands.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I believe you may have Sent me a PM but it won’t let me open it. It’s says I need a “conversation ID”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julissa159

Latest profile posts

A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?
6.8KLR wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'Day,
Long time no talk. I had a bad accident and was discharged from the hospital last Thursday after a three month stay. Am home now and all is well. So glad to be back. Missed you all on this board. Hope all is well with you. Killed a nice Mule deer last October and used the stainless Buffalo Skinner that worked to perfection and love the wood.
Regards, Mike in California.