CrippledEagle

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Africa, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Belize, S. America, Spain, Europe
I'm willing to share these very special books from my trophy room library. Books are remarkably valuable trophies also. Record books are the best reference on where the big ones come from. Each of these have unique hunting stories also.

1. My oldest. The elder lady. "Where To Hunt American Game", 1898 by United States Cartridge Company, the first major commercial ammo maker which started up in 1869 and was sold to Winchester in 1926. This book is bound in green cloth with gold inlays. Just to start things off, $50

2. "North American Big Game" 1939 Original Publication of the Boone And Crockett Club. Great stories on how to hunt major NA species, a section on guns and ammo, and where the best trophies were found. $100

3. "North American Big Game" 1971 Edition from Boone and Crockett Club. $25

4. "North American Big Game" 1977 Edition from Boone and Crockett Club $25

5. "Bowhunting Big Game Records of North America" The 1975 First Edition from Pope and Young. $25

6. "North American Head Hunting" 1957 First Edition by Grancel Fitz, the man who invented the phrase "Grand Slam" $25

7. Hunters Guide To Professional Outfitters", 1989 First Edition. Incredible compilation of WORLDWIDE guides, outfitters, PH. Coffee table book. $25

8. SCI "Record Book Of Trophy Animals". Simulated leather bound and gold embossed with bugling elk. 1980 Second Edition (limited printing) $50

9. SCI "Record Book Of Trophy Animals". 1981 Edition embossed with Greater Kudu. $50

10. "Pinnell and Talifson, Last Of The Great Brown Bear Men" with a priceless copy of their 1975 brochure $100

Each plus shipping and secure packing.

20230318_150435.jpg
20230320_185323.jpg
20230320_184404.jpg
20230319_091418.jpg
20230318_144904.jpg
20230318_144920.jpg
20230318_150356.jpg
20230320_155440.jpg
20230318_142011.jpg
20230320_163143.jpg
20230317_174712.jpg
20230317_173901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
#1, #8, #10 sold. Thank you.

Numbers #1, #7, #8 and #10 are sold.

Gosh, I hope I'm doing this right. If two guys want the same book I am going by the earliest communication, be it a post on the ad or PM. That seems fair but I am coachable if there is some protocol I should know. As I recall, those bound SCI record books and the Outfitters book cost me $100 each at the SCI convention back when I was President of the Pittsburgh Chapter. I just want to share good stuff and pay for a little bit of my time and costs.

Thanks Don. Those stories about Bill Pinnell are hilarious!

I am surprised that probably the most valuable book I listed is still there. In conversation with another AH member he said "I'm not interested in record books" as if these were just tabulations of measurements. Not. The stories and techniques were incredible reading for me. The section on how our current game animals evolved from the Pleistocene and the game animals that have vanished was something I never read anywhere else. This is Genesis.

""2. "North American Big Game" 1939 Original Publication of the Boone And Crockett Club. Great stories on how to hunt major NA species, a section on guns and ammo, and where the best trophies were found. $100""

Examples from other listings----

North American Big Game Boone & Crockett 1939 first edition first printing
Condition:
--not specified
Price:
US $250.00

NORTH AMERICAN BIG GAME; A Book of the Boone and Crockett Club
Boone and Crockett Club (Alfred Ely, H. E. Anthony, R. R. M. Carpenteri)
Published by Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, 1939
CONDITION: NEAR FINE HARDCOVER
Quantity: 1
Buy Used
US$ 375.00

North American Big Game: A Book of the Boone and Crockett Club
New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1939. Hardcover. Fine. First edition. Neat, contemporary.
USED
FINE
HARDCOVER
FIRST
Condition
Fine
Seller
Between the Covers- Rare Books, Inc. ABAA
Seller rating:This seller has earned a 5 of 5 Stars rating from customers.

Gloucester City, New Jersey, United States
30-Day Return Guarantee
Item Price
$400.00

I am surprised that probably the most valuable book I listed is still there. In conversation with another AH member he said "I'm not interested in record books" as if these were just tabulations of measurements. Not. The stories and techniques were incredible reading for me. The section on how our current game animals evolved from the Pleistocene and the game animals that have vanished was something I never read anywhere else. This is Genesis.

""2. "North American Big Game" 1939 Original Publication of the Boone And Crockett Club. Great stories on how to hunt major NA species, a section on guns and ammo, and where the best trophies were found. $100""

Examples from other listings----

North American Big Game Boone & Crockett 1939 first edition first printing
Condition:
--not specified
Price:
US $250.00

NORTH AMERICAN BIG GAME; A Book of the Boone and Crockett Club
Boone and Crockett Club (Alfred Ely, H. E. Anthony, R. R. M. Carpenteri)
Published by Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, 1939
CONDITION: NEAR FINE HARDCOVER
Quantity: 1
Buy Used
US$ 375.00

North American Big Game: A Book of the Boone and Crockett Club
New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1939. Hardcover. Fine. First edition. Neat, contemporary.
USED
FINE
HARDCOVER
FIRST
Condition
Fine
Seller
Between the Covers- Rare Books, Inc. ABAA
Seller rating:This seller has earned a 5 of 5 Stars rating from customers.

Gloucester City, New Jersey, United States
30-Day Return Guarantee
Item Price
$400.00

Anybody want any of these? Make me an offer. My salt and pepper is running low and I hate the taste of old books!

HALF PRICE. #2 - $50....this is the first record book!, #3 - $15 , #4 - $15, #5 - $15, #6 - $15, #9 - $25. Each plus low media rate shipping in padded mailer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,