CrippledEagle

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Africa, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, Belize, S. America, Spain, Europe
Dean of Gun Writers who pioneered handgun hunting and loved double rifles. Collectable rare classic BRAND NEW at less than half price of used. $100 plus shipping.

20230314_074127.jpg
20230314_074849.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested if sale falls through.

Sold in 20 min to Kevin pending funds.

I have Elmer Keith's p17 333 okh belted mag rifle thankfully it came with dies and 600 bullets the he and Fred Barnes had made .That rifle went to Alaska killed a 10 foot griz 10 elk In Idaho and Charlie O'Neal who Made it took it to Africa and shot a ton of plains game .This is the caliber that turned into the 338 win mag .I want to take it back to Alaska to hunt

Elmer loved attention. I engaged the crusty old bastard several times when he stopped by my booths at the old NSGA Show and NRA Convention. He always had an attitude with me because I'm 6'4 and he was 5'4 minus hat. He did the same to Bill Jordan (one of the nicest guys ever in the industry) for the same reason since Jordan was about 2 inches taller than me. Bill seemed to always let Elmer have the limelight for that reason.

Jack O'Conner was the one that his own best friend said he was a total jerk .A friend from Alaska went to Idaho with a friend to meet Elmer keith .They talked and shot many of his guns. ELMER invited them t9 dinner then they talked late into the night and Elmer said why don't yall stay the night .They had breakfast and shot his guns again. THEY couldn't believe that he let them stay but Elmer trusted my friends friend and everything was awesome .Elmer Keith helped invent the Winchester model 70 the ruger number 1 ruger 77 ruger black hawk the 357 mag 41 mag 44 mag and all his okh cartridges which turned into 338 win mag and a bunch of others .He inspected thousands of rifles for the army in WWII and help them make new 50 bmg loads and tested shotguns all day long .He was one of the brightest inventors of our time.Bill Ruger always asked his advice so did Smith and Wesoon .

Jack O'Conner was the one that his own best friend said he was a total jerk .A friend from Alaska went to Idaho with a friend to meet Elmer keith .They talked and shot many of his guns. ELMER invited them t9 dinner then they talked late into the night and Elmer said why don't yall stay the night .They had breakfast and shot his guns again. THEY couldn't believe that he let them stay but Elmer trusted my friends friend and everything was awesome .Elmer Keith helped invent the Winchester model 70 the ruger number 1 ruger 77 ruger black hawk the 357 mag 41 mag 44 mag and all his okh cartridges which turned into 338 win mag and a bunch of others .He inspected thousands of rifles for the army in WWII and help them make new 50 bmg loads and tested shotguns all day long .He was one of the brightest inventors of our time.Bill Ruger always asked his advice so did Smith and Wesoon .
Read the first sentence in my post. I worked for Winchester for 5 years and Smith & Wesson for 9. "Hell, I Was There".

I have this book and had jack O’Connor sheep & sheep hunting but it fell apart
glad I bought them in high school
got pondoro, horn of the hunter, Black Death , selous , Wm bell , tedd rosevelt
a hunting and Africa obsessed youth

I have that book as well as several others of his. All good reads but I had no idea that it was valuable. You learn something new almost every day!

Some books are like fine art and appreciate in the same manner. They are great investments that provide the extra measure of enjoyment..

I have Elmer Keith's p17 333 okh belted mag rifle thankfully it came with dies and 600 bullets the he and Fred Barnes had made .That rifle went to Alaska killed a 10 foot griz 10 elk In Idaho and Charlie O'Neal who Made it took it to Africa and shot a ton of plains game .This is the caliber that turned into the 338 win mag .I want to take it back to Alaska to hunt
God Bless Elmer Keith, and the gunsmiths and hunters around him and his clan.

I also have a nearly new copy of this book I am willing to sale if anyone is interested. Drop me a pm and I will send pix and price-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you