Bonjour from France

:S Welcome: Soyez le bienvenu :D Cheers:

Welcome to AH!

Hi All

I'm a South African living in the South of France. I read about this site on another Forum.

Been here since 2009 and passed my hunting permit in 2016. It takes a while to learn the language ;)

Since then I've acquired a Marlin 308win, a 12br Shotgun, Air rifle and recently a Savage .22lr.

I've been hunting with my current hunting club since 2018 where I shot my first Wild boar. Since then I've been accounting for at least 2 or 3 every season. We hunt in a small mountain range called Les Alpilles. We hunt only boars and foxes. So far my biggest one weighed in at 105kgs but my favourite will always be my first one of 98kgs.

If permitted - I'm also the founder of a Facebook Group called Hunting in France - it is an English language private hunting group that aims to give information about hunting in France.

I lived in South Africa and Namibia and hunted in both countries.

Regards
Welcome @Methos and congratulations for learning another language. I was always terrible at foreign languages until I went to Tanzania. Then I fell in love with Swahili. I love how the words roll off the tongue. Of course, I only know tidbits of it. Then when I went to Namibia and Mozambique I hoped to pick up some of those languages but really struggled. Anyway, welcome to the site. I’m glad you found a great place to hunt in France.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH Methos , from a Frenchie who is living in Gabon (since 38 years !)

Welcome to AH. Looking forward to hearing more about hunting in France.

Welkom Methos.

Welcome, glad to have you!!

Welcome to the family and the forum @Methos , you are in the right place!

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community.

Hi All

I'm a South African living in the South of France. I read about this site on another Forum.

Been here since 2009 and passed my hunting permit in 2016. It takes a while to learn the language ;)

Since then I've acquired a Marlin 308win, a 12br Shotgun, Air rifle and recently a Savage .22lr.

I've been hunting with my current hunting club since 2018 where I shot my first Wild boar. Since then I've been accounting for at least 2 or 3 every season. We hunt in a small mountain range called Les Alpilles. We hunt only boars and foxes. So far my biggest one weighed in at 105kgs but my favourite will always be my first one of 98kgs.

If permitted - I'm also the founder of a Facebook Group called Hunting in France - it is an English language private hunting group that aims to give information about hunting in France.

I lived in South Africa and Namibia and hunted in both countries.

Regards
Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg