Bongo Taxidermy Pictures

oak22

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Life SCI , NTA, Life NRA
Hunted
Mostly all of the Lower 48, Alaska, Most of Canada, South Africa, more to come.....
Jewel of Africa

IMG_0144.JPG

Very nice!

My wife isn't a huge taxidermy fan, but when I showed her a Bongo at DSC and told her you just had to do a full mount to show them off she agreed.

Great mount and well done.

It is a beautiful animal! I'm surprised that the South African ranchers have not imported these to raise. Given that lions are off the USA list with Elephants soon to follow it might be something to consider for future big ticket hunts.
I would love to have on but the areas one would need to hunt would be difficult.

They are an incredible trophy.
I need a bigger house.

Beauty!

It is a beautiful animal! I'm surprised that the South African ranchers have not imported these to raise. Given that lions are off the USA list with Elephants soon to follow it might be something to consider for future big ticket hunts.
I would love to have on but the areas one would need to hunt would be difficult.
I'm not sure, but I would suspect that the habitat requirements of a bongo are not easily met in South Africa. When an animal is indemic to such a restricted geographic area and specific habitat, they often to not do well elsewhere.

Beaut!! I would hate to see them being bred in South Africa full stop!!! How long would it take them to lose the status..Jewel of Africa?

Charlie we have them all over south Texas. That being said its not the same as hunting them in the CAR and the cost is about the same out the door but.... There are a ton of them here.

@gizmo , that doesn't surprise me, before I started hunting in Mozambique, I think I saw more sable in Texas than I had in Africa.

Charlie we have them all over south Texas. That being said its not the same as hunting them in the CAR and the cost is about the same out the door but.... There are a ton of them here.
OK, So much for my supposition!

Chris Dorsey of the Ram Outdoorsman TV show made a great point about the difficulty and how special Bongo are...

He said something about how he is talking about the animal, not the drum ;)

BONGO IN TEXAS?!?!?!?!?!?! Wot next I arsk, wot next????

Better him than Hillary!:D:eek::rolleyes::mad::confused::cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you