Blocked from Connecting to AH

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Pheroze, Jul 9, 2015.

1. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Good question. You should go to that link with the device that does not let you access AH with that particular connection, in your case it is your Wifi connection at home.

This issue may indeed resolve itself automatically as the server will at first temporarily lock someone out.

2. Pheroze

Pheroze AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    OFAH, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Canada, USA
    Ok thanks. Will do.

3. JimP

JimP AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
    One problem with blocking a specific IP address is that 90% of us on the forum here do not have a static IP or one that stays the same all the time. Mine changes weekly unless I go into the system and reset it manually.

I had one site that I am a moderator on and the spam software blocked my IP saying that I was a spammer. It took me 5 minutes to figure it out and reset my IP and notify a administrator about what the spam filter was doing.

4. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Over the years AH has experienced numerous DDOS attacks and few measures have been taken on the server side to combat these organized malicious effort to bring our site down. One of these measures is to block an IP address that repeatedly engage in a short amount of time, automated or not, queries to overwhelm and compromise the good operation and speed of the site. From time to time normal members and visitors of the site can get blocked mistakenly, in that case they can just contact me to get unblocked. Please email me your ip address at info@africahunting.com, the number you will see going to this link http://whatismyip.liquidweb.com and I will unblock you.

Unfortunately I don't have much choice but to have some of these measures in place, finding the right balance is delicate.

For more information on Denial-of-service attack (DDOS attack) visit wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack.

More on this topic: AfricaHunting.com Under Attack: http://www.africahunting.com/threads/africahunting-com-under-attack.12518/.