AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
How about this for a first hunt? Shot 2 blesbok in a matter of 15 seconds! The first one was a big RW ewe. The second was a young ram. The ewe measured 17"! I am really happy with the horns. Just thought I'd post this, because it was such a wonderful memory hunting blesbok at night with a spotlight! Up to this day, I remember what my dad told me. He still does - 1/3 up the body, about an inch behind the shoulder - and it has worked so well every time! I dropped both blesbok in their tracks with a .223 Rem that night. This year, I succeeded just as well. I put an old gemsbok down right in her tracks with a 139gr Hornady SST SuperFormance from my dad's 'old' reliable Rug 7x57. Shot placement is key!

whenever we spotlight /cull deer or kangaroos ,in the night .head shots are the order, ruan. so you don't have to look for them
neck shots will do, and only a spine if you stuff up the first shot .to anchor the animal.
when we get the order to thin fallow deer out , or the odd samba deer ,out of a crop or pasture ,we only take what we can use , or sell as dog meat .
kangaroos we will chest shootem because theres not a lot of meat up top .

spot light

trophy up the leg and on the shoulder

no trophy in the head...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!