Blaser R8 / Truly One of a Kind

Please pour me some more Blaser KoolAid ! I love this stuff!

Am I the only one who wanted to punch him in the forehead when he buried it in the mud?
That said, pardon me as I mop up the drool.

For those out there considering a Blaser purchase be advised to check pricing carefully.
I just purchased 2 plain pro success (thumb hole) and found a $2500 difference between the top price and the lowest price on the package . I also found current pricing way higher than a year ago.

I always find the "burry it in mud" tests pretty funny. I'm guessing most any rifle can be brought back into functionality with a quick rinse in a stream.
But on another note. It does show just how easy it is to clean out an action when it becomes compromised with dust. So the old "the tolerances are too tight on the R8 for it to be 100% reliable" argument is easily dispelled here.

If I was younger I'd own a R8. Three barrels 6.5 swede 30-06 and a 375. At 70 probably better of with what I have.

If I was younger I'd own a R8. Three barrels 6.5 swede 30-06 and a 375. At 70 probably better of with what I have.
You have LOTS of good hunting years ahead of you. I see no reason you shouldn't go for the R8.

I always find the "burry it in mud" tests pretty funny. I'm guessing most any rifle can be brought back into functionality with a quick rinse in a stream.
But on another note. It does show just how easy it is to clean out an action when it becomes compromised with dust. So the old "the tolerances are too tight on the R8 for it to be 100% reliable" argument is easily dispelled here.
I noted what looked like clear tape on the muzzle and the very careful manner in which it was buried keeping the muzzle and front sight out of it all. This made me hopeful for a firing demonstration that never materialized. I would have liked to have seen at least the action cycled in that muddy condition. I also noted that the rifle was significantly less muddy when it got to the stream and our heroes had clean hands. Seemed a bit like the watch is water proof as long as you don't press any buttons while it's wet...

I agree that a stream will help most any rifle return to functionality, but the video made the design grow on me quite a bit.

However, the real gem of the video is that it gateways to some other Blaser R8 testing videos that do much to encourage those in doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristinaD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!