Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United Kingdom
Blaser R8 Professional

Brand new, never fired

Standard barrel/forearm in 375 H&H

16oz Recoil Reducer

1 inch Recoil Pad installed, standard recoil pad will come with it if you need to lower LOP

2 boxes of Nosler Trophy Grade 300gr Accubond
2 boxes of Federal Premium 300gr Swift A-Frames

Asking 5K + shipping

FFL to FFL

Can take PayPal (F&F), Zelle, or a personal check if your ok to wait the few weeks for it be fully cleared

Sad to see it go, but with two follow up surgeries to go and recover from before I can get out hunting, don’t love it enough to stare at it for a year without using it LOL!
1063AA6E-BE7F-4AE1-8F8C-34EC36FD4A99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a standard profile barrel in the pic. Looks too slim to be a Safari profile.
5637642C-D159-4438-ADE7-CB8E17B60CD7.jpeg

Please excuse photo, angled to avoid posting personal info but can PM anyone who needs to see full invoice with driver’s license to confirm validity. Also can measure on a video call if needed to confirm.

I wasn't trying to derail/distrust your thread. But I've owned 3 of these rifles, and the barrel just looks very slim in the picture. I've owned several of these with standard weight and semiweight weight barrels, and even the semiweight was much larger at the muzzle than the barrel in your picture. The standard weight is 17mm, semi is 19mm and safari is 22mm at the muzzle.

I wasn't trying to derail/distrust your thread. But I've owned 3 of these rifles, and the barrel just looks very slim in the picture. I've owned several of these with standard weight and semiweight weight barrels, and even the semiweight was much larger at the muzzle than the barrel in your picture. The standard weight is 17mm, semi is 19mm and safari is 22mm at the muzzle.
No worries at all! I have no frame of reference as I’ve never seen another Blaser in person. I would be worried if I had bought it from someone else, but Top Gun is a reputable dealer, which I know since I heard about him on here LOL, so not worried. Happy to address any concerns, 5k isn’t exactly chump change!

Really sorry to hear about the pending surgeries. Having to part with something like this is a real shame. Trust you know everyone here will be counting on complete success and recovery.

It is quite possible the barrel sitting in the case creates the perception of a thin contour. Top Gun is a trustworthy outfit. A mm ruler across the muzzle would answer the question.

Really sorry to hear about the pending surgeries. Having to part with something like this is a real shame. Trust you know everyone here will be counting on complete success and recovery.

It is quite possible the barrel sitting in the case creates the perception of a thin contour. Top Gun is a trustworthy outfit. A mm ruler across the muzzle would answer the question.
Thank you for the kind words! It’s all uphill from here with the first and most major in the rear view!

@Red Leg and thank you as well for convincing me to buy one! If I wouldn’t have went into the hospital, this rifle would’ve had two hunts under its belt already LOL!

Measurements coming shortly!

220879E3-CD73-4C58-80FD-83E1B5B3BB0E.jpeg

@TOBY458 @Red Leg I’m measuring 1.8cm or 18mm. Definitely not a safari weight! Semi-Weight?

Thank you both VERY much for catching that would have been a huge issue if someone bought it thinking it was a safari contour.

Can I PM the both of you to inquire on advice on how to proceed from here?

Last edited:
View attachment 439857

@TOBY458 @Red Leg I’m measuring 1.8cm or 18mm. Definitely not a safari weight! Semi-Weight?

Thank you both VERY much for catching that would have been a huge issue if someone bought it thinking it was a safari contour.

Can I PM the both of you to inquire on advice on how to proceed from here?
I’ll print it here. Contact him immediately with the photos of the barrel and invoice.

That said, looking at Europtic prices, that is about the right cost of that total package with a standard barrel.

Last edited:
Reached out to Top Gun, will post here how the resolution process goes! I am confident he will make it right, been excellent in all dealings not counting this mix up, which I chalk up to a simple mistake!

@BRICKBURN When you get a chance, can you please update the post to accurately reflect that this is a standard barrel/forearm?

I've made many purchases from Top Gun and never had any issues. Just my 2 cents...

Interested. PM sent.

@Justin. I'm sorry to hear about the upcoming surgeries, but I would also caution you on selling this beautiful rifle. It could be a real motivation to get well after the procedures are done. If you decide at a later date to sell the rifle, I seriously doubt that you will loose any money and might even increase the value with time.

That said, I hope you are well. All the best to you whatever you decide.

@Justin. I'm sorry to hear about the upcoming surgeries, but I would also caution you on selling this beautiful rifle. It could be a real motivation to get well after the procedures are done. If you decide at a later date to sell the rifle, I seriously doubt that you will loose any money and might even increase the value with time.

That said, I hope you are well. All the best to you whatever you decide.
Thank you for your kind words!

I’ve got some plans once this is sold! And I think you’ll be pleased!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg