Blaser R8 Jaeger 458 Lott Package For Sale

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Blaser R8 Jaeger with 458 Lott Selous barrel. Blaser QD scope base and trijicon RMR QD base. Really nice wood on the rifle, kick stop installed and recoil is quite manageable. I did some test firing for accuracy off the bench at 200 yards and it is very accurate and the trigger makes long range work easy. I did limited load development with the 450 Barnes and the 300 Barnes. Rifle has a total of approx. 50 rounds through it. I have quite a bit of new brass, 200 pieces NIB, and a set of dies available to the buyer if they need it, along with some 450 Barnes, about 60 I think, and a few 500 grain A frames, maybe 35 or so.
$7700. If you are in reasonable driving distance to West KY you can come test drive it and pick up in person or within reasonable distance I will deliver it or meet up with you. I will of course ship, but I hate the thought of this thing getting beat up during shipping, and unless you live across the country the gas will probably be cheaper than the shipping. Scope and actual RMR not included, mounts only.
20230324_133157.jpg
20230324_133417.jpg
20230324_133144.jpg

No stunt, asking why Dad is selling this beauty!

GLWS it is a very nice rifle and seller is GTG!
I know, I do hate to see this one go, strictly a funding allocation decision though, with running the 416 and selling this one it opens up some additional trophy fee opportunities for the trip in June. I won't be too disheartened if I have to keep it. The 416 makes a great all around safari gun and will handle all of my "back up rifle" needs for any PG or anything I can't shoot with the double. Selling this rig could represent possibly a hippo and maybe a Kudu if the opportunity arises. Although I could sell the 416 and keep this one, which I wouldn't be mad about either.

I get it!

You will have more opportunities to buy rifles, you only have so many chances to hunt Africa. Looking forward to the report!

Blaser R8 Jaeger with 458 Lott Selous barrel. Blaser QD scope base and trijicon RMR QD base. Really nice wood on the rifle, kick stop installed and recoil is quite manageable. I did some test firing for accuracy off the bench at 200 yards and it is very accurate and the trigger makes long range work easy. I did limited load development with the 450 Barnes and the 300 Barnes. Rifle has a total of approx. 50 rounds through it. I have quite a bit of new brass, 200 pieces NIB, and a set of dies available to the buyer if they need it, along with some 450 Barnes, about 60 I think, and a few 500 grain A frames, maybe 35 or so.
$7700. If you are in reasonable driving distance to West KY you can come test drive it and pick up in person or within reasonable distance I will deliver it or meet up with you. I will of course ship, but I hate the thought of this thing getting beat up during shipping, and unless you live across the country the gas will probably be cheaper than the shipping. Scope and actual RMR not included, mounts only.
View attachment 525005View attachment 525006View attachment 525007
GLWS.
Krish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg