Black Mamba Pictures

I received this picture from a friend.
It should come from Limpopo province.
:E Horrified: :E Horrified: :E Frightened:
IMG-20180213-WA0010.jpg

It was fantastic and they let you get really close when they are busy like that.
Normally they move off if you get near.

You are extremely fortunate to have witness it..very few people ever see something like that...(y)(y)(y) Thank for sharing these exceptional photos....(y)

86289096_514161502619178_5190604449801830400_n.jpg

great photos! Thanks for sharing.

If I had to or got to kill a large Black Mamba in Africa it would be as much of a trophy to me as my horned or DG and I would want to preserve it for my trophy room as such are there any taxidermist in Africa or the Us that would do one?Many years ago here in wy.I helped an old man capture prairie rattlers as he had a permit to take 25 a day there were many days we caught his limit,he would keep them in a 50 gal barrel until he had about 50 or so the hook up a hose on his exaust pipe of his pickup and stick it in the barrel after about 4 hrs of this he would take the hose out and start skinning the snakes,he made hatbands ,wallet covers and belts from the skins after treating them with glycerin.He would set up a booth at cheyenne Fronteer days and sell his products for 1 week every year and would make upwards of 10K ayear. This old man developed a stomach cancer and shot himself in the head because he was afraid of chemotherapy Its strange to think he was not a bit afraid of snake poison but deathly afraid of medical poision which might have saved his life

It would only be a trophy if you can kill it yourself, close quarters, eye to eye, you need to be fast, accurate in shooting it with open sights, telescope will not work, if you can achieve this I believe you will have yourself a great trophy..do not bother to take anti-venom along..you it will probably not help you..when a Mamba is threaten he will strike at you numerous times and inject a lot of venom..even a hospital set up is not going to be of any help...go for it...it will be a nice trophy if you can pull it off..send some photos as well:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y)(y)(y)

Is there a reason they are bigger there IvW?

Great specimen, hopefully they all were still alive????

Me in my younger days.

Being way to trusting or way to stupid.

Probably the later!

img_8740-jpg.349415

It is worth mentioning when Richard Harland quite his job as a Zimbabwe game ranger he commenced with a new job...catching venomous snakes , milking them and sell the venom to Universities and Hospitals in South Africa to be used as anti-venom.. Richard Hardland had the "six sense " and the calmness/focus in dangerous situation few other hunters/PH/Game rangers ever had..catching Mambas, Cobras and other venomous snakes on a daily basis for a lot of years really honed his skills as well...

Is there a reason they are bigger there IvW?

This is ideal habitat and elevation. Their pray is also abundant. These are birds, particularly nestlings and fledglings and small mammals like rodents, bats, hyraxes, bush babies and small tree squirrels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg