Bison Hunt In Texas At Rockin G Ranch

You always offer these hunts when I have to spend money elsewhere.

Perhaps in another year.

Yes. As with any hunt it can work out relatively smoothly or can be extremely challenging. We’ve had 9 AH’rs hunt bison with us, 1 trophy bull and 8 meat bulls. Of those 9 hunts 1 went very smooth. Bison were relaxed and we had a good Avenue to stalk. We got in to around 100 yards and was able to make the shot before the herd broke and ran. Took us a bit to find it as it was hit a bit far back, took 2 more rounds to end it.
There was another that took only about 2 miles of tracking and stalking successfully tagging out. The rest of the hunts varied from that one all the way to a 3 day track/stalk event that was successful at the absolute last second.
@Seavas has hunted bison last season with us and he has commented on this thread. He may jump in and share his experience.
When I booked one of the meat bison hunts last season, I was a bit concerned about the "hunting" aspect. I figured worst case I would get a lot of meat and a cool trophy but I really didnt want to just walk out and shoot one. The hunt ended up perfect in my mind. We spent all day walking and stalking all over the ranch trying to get in position for a shot but the herd was very weary. Finally late in the afternoon they made a mistake and I had my bison. Erik skinned it out as the sun set and we got it quartered and hung in time for dinner. Got it all done in one long day but had the next day to relax and goof off around the ranch. Ended up with over 300lbs of awesome meat that came in pretty handy during the pandemic.

So no trophy bull left?
Not this one but I can probably make it happen on a different bull if you are interested. It would be absolutely a trophy bull. A couple years younger but within 150-200 lbs of this bull.

Ok so as of now all bison advertised in this offer are sold, pending deposits. Those looking for trophy bison, I will have some available around February probably. This will round out all the meat bull availability for this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg