Birthday Gift From Mrs. Delgado

With greatest respect, this gun looks like it was destroyed by a blockage - not by firing through a tightly choked gun. I have no idea the details behind these particular circumstances, but when a choke fails it is apparent in the last six inches or so of the barrel. In fact, this incident looks exactly like a 20 bore load was accidentally loaded ahead of a 12 bore shell in a 12 bore gun. Another similar failure was caused by a partial ignition where the wad failed to clear the bore on the previous shot. I assume from your comment that 20 bore guns were not available eliminating the possibility of the wrong shell. An out of proof load will typically blow either the chamber or shoot loose the solder and thus the rib.

The big Greeners were built like tanks for the export market. Is there any chance another factor was at work?
Red Leg,
Your right! As I looked closer at the photos, this disaster would have had to been caused by a barrel obstruction. Perhaps a barrel cleaning item left within the barrel? Back in the early 70s, I reloaded both cardboard and plastic hulls in my Remington 1100 12 gauge. The only issue with the cardboard hulls, was after many reloads with them, every once in a while, the brass base would separate from the cardboard case upon firing. No big deal really. I would have to remove the barrel to extricate the cardboard hull from the chamber with my finger. If I remember correctly, I was able to load the cardboard hulls with both more shot and powder. I would use candle wax to seal the crimp on the top of the hull to waterproof the shell. I’m sure many of the much younger shotgun reloaders here have no idea what I’m talking about with using the cardboard hulls, but they worked very well overall.
CEH

Last edited:
To the poster , Co Elk Hunter
Hoss and Wyatt Smith are correct. I was referring to twelve bore
To Hoss Delgado
Twenty bore will start getting imported into the country from 2023 according to Bangladesh Shooting Federation. And it is good too . I can think of many talented female shooters and bird hunters who would benefit from the light jar of a twenty bore , yet were forced to adapt to twelve bore due to availability.
To the poster , Wyatt Smith :
Thank you for understanding. I see that some posters are having difficulty understanding my terminology for calibers. I will try to use the international designation henceforth for calibers as it will be convenient for everyone
Mr. Rahman,
Yes, the real advantage to using a 20 gauge semi auto shotgun, is the ability to shoot many, many rounds (like when I hunt doves here in the U.S.), without succumbing to the effects of the recoil. It’s really not about the speed in shooting. My hunting friends use 12 gauge pump actions and O/Us, and after a couple of boxes of shells, they suffer from the recoil. Not me with my Remington 1100 light weight 20 gauge, which I bought in 1982.
CEH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross