Birthday Gift From Mrs. Delgado

Now , l learnt a new caliber name from you , man :D
Hoss,
OP just posted one for sale here on AH. OP just posted a .458 B & M for sale here also! Bruce and I are expecting your research and expertise on these two calibers soon!
CEH (Co Elk Hunter). I’m tired of spelling the whole name out! Ha! Ha! Ha!

as we eat our livers wondering, could hoss's secret present have a metric designation?
either that or could it come from a slovac country once called bohemia?
bruce
Or maybe from an ancient Mongolian or Tibetan cave?
CEH

Hoss,
OP just posted one for sale here on AH. OP just posted a .458 B & M for sale here also! Bruce and I are expecting your research and expertise on these two calibers soon!
CEH (Co Elk Hunter). I’m tired of spelling the whole name out! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Co Elk Hunter , nothing pleases me more than trying a new gun ! I've been looking to fire something called a " .510 Wells Express " for a while now , but to no avail , bro :(

as long as it does not come from the Khyber pass firearms industry.
anyway, I am on tenderhooks.
might have to take Valium.
bruce.
Bruce , you always say something which triggers a memory in me :D I actually held several Khyberpass Martini Henry rifles in 2007 during an Exhibit . Also Webley Revolver copies. Foul things , they were :( I did learn a trick from them , though . Apparently you can make fire arm Propellant from film reels .
BTW , I'd rather own a Weatherby Mark V before l owned a Khyberpass gun :p

Or maybe from an ancient Mongolian or Tibetan cave?
CEH
The reason l am holding back , is because l need this week to actually try that gun out in the field , before l " reveal " it to all you guys :D
BTW , Wyatt is actually closer in his Speculation than the rest of you ;)

Screenshot_20190907-143744_01.png
Hog Shot with Buck Shot ! :D
No pun intended :p .
Co incidentally , this is the first animal in my life which l have shot with Number 4 Buckshot ( always preferred 000 or at least 00 ) . I'm impressed by it's effectiveness at close range . Look how Concentrated it is !
BTW , for anyone who might benefit from the information : Brenekke slugs will go through a 300 pound hog like butter. Foster slugs will not ( in my experience anyway )
PS : Ignore My dog , T Bone , in the background

Last edited:
as long as it does not come from the Khyber pass firearms industry.
anyway, I am on tenderhooks.
might have to take Valium.
bruce.
Bruce,
Instead of Valium, just go out and shoot a large bore, hard recoiling rifle and you’ll be fine. That’s what I’m going to do tomorrow. .375 h and h and .458WM. Although the recoil on those aren’t really too stout for me. I need to find someone here in Colorado with a .458 Lott I could shoot. That would probably be my recoil limit?
CEH

Bruce,
Instead of Valium, just go out and shoot a large bore, hard recoiling rifle and you’ll be fine. That’s what I’m going to do tomorrow. .375 h and h and .458WM. Although the recoil on those aren’t really too stout for me. I need to find someone here in Colorado with a .458 Lott I could shoot. That would probably be my recoil limit?
CEH
Come to Texas . I've got a pal with a .458 Lott Heym Express :)

Noooo ! The gun is CALLED A HEYM EXPRESS. It's in .458 Lott :)[/QUOTE
Hoss and Bruce,
Oh ok. Speaking of new calibers, I was thinking about trying a .458 Lott case in a .416 Taylor die to create a .416 Lott? The case wouldn’t be fully resized (probably just above the belt), but my once fired .458 WM cases chamber well and don’t seem to need full length resizing anyway. I’ve ordered some .416 Taylor dies and will run the .458 WM cases through it to create the .416 Taylor cartridge. I don’t see why this wouldn’t work with the slightly longer Lott case (same width as the .458 WM cartridge)? Why? Doesn’t matter? Just another wildcat cartridge with brass/dies I can actually find!
CEH

Happy birthday, looks like you also have a wonderful wife, mine also treats me wonderful!!

Nice that she got you a great shotgun that is exactly what you wanted. looking forward to seeing your other present.

One last thing is a woman that can shot a big bore and work a butterfly knife it is best to keep her happy:)

Happy birthday, looks like you also have a wonderful wife, mine also treats me wonderful!!

Nice that she got you a great shotgun that is exactly what you wanted. looking forward to seeing your other present.

One last thing is a woman that can shot a big bore and work a butterfly knife it is best to keep her happy:)
Thank you ! Wait till Thursday :)

Bruce,
CEH
Well I shot my .375 h and h and .458WM today with no Valium. Four rounds within eight inches at 100 yards off hand standing using the sling in a triangular position with the .375 open sights. Three rounds with the .458 in fairly quick succession within six inches off hand standing at fifty yards, no sling, open sights. I will get better, but for now that’s it.
I can’t wait until Hoss enlightens us with his birthday rifle gift! I hope it’s a really obscure rifle and cartridge. Then he can school us on it’s origin and history.
CEH

Well I shot my .375 h and h and .458WM today with no Valium. Four rounds within eight inches at 100 yards off hand standing using the sling in a triangular position with the .375 open sights. Three rounds with the .458 in fairly quick succession within six inches off hand standing at fifty yards, no sling, open sights. I will get better, but for now that’s it.
I can’t wait until Hoss enlightens us with his birthday rifle gift! I hope it’s a really obscure rifle and cartridge. Then he can school us on it’s origin and history.
CEH
Perhaps , l should do it tomorrow ? I already had a chance to field test it :)

Perhaps , l should do it tomorrow ? I already had a chance to field test it :)
Yes, save Bruce from the Valium and/or large caliber, hard recoiling rifles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg