Birthday Gift From Mrs. Delgado

Hoss Delgado

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
I was in the UK this August shooting grouse during the Glorious 12th. One day while Skyping with my Wife , l lamented to her how l wish l had a double barrel shotgun with more open chokes. Being married for 16 years , she knows l prefer over unders to side by sides. So she casually asked me what kind of over under l liked. I said any kind with chokes more open than full chokes would do , as long as it wasn't a full cylinder , and l would really like one with double triggers , since l find over unders with double triggers rare. It was my 40th Birthday on the 25th of August. When l came home last week , l saw what she got me for my birthday . It was a neatly packaged thing . Looking at it immediately , l realized it was a gun :D . I cut open the packaging and Lo and Behold :
A magnificent BRNO Over Under 12 gauge shotgun ! It had 2 3/4 inch Chambers . My loving wife had a gunsmith ream out the full chokes to modified choke . It had double triggers ! :D . I spent yesterday patterning this beauty. It fires 12 gauge Brenekke 2 3/4 inch Magnum slugs accurately up to 27 yards and handles like a charm. I tried all manner of shot through it. It seems to me that l can't get good patterns using 00 and 000 buckshot , but with Number 4 Buckshot , it works like a charm ! To me this is no handicap and l couldn't be happier. I never expected she would actually get me this.
Inspired by fellow forum Member and resident PH , IvW , l have finally found the basis for my own " Poor Man's Double " ! It's accompanying me to Sweden next Month for my annual Roe Deer hunt with #1 shot. I'm also taking it to Botswana for 2020 with my .375 HH Magnum BRNO ZKK - 602 for a mixed bag hunt. I am one lucky husband . This is now the third shotgun in my battery and my fourth BRNO fire arm.
PS : I got one more gun as a gift as well ;) Pics of that will follow in another post next week.

IMG_20190905_204738.jpg
IMG_20190905_204751.jpg
IMG_20190905_204803.jpg
IMG_20190905_204823.jpg
IMG_20190703_010603.jpg

Congrats on the new addition!

Wow, quite a wide you got Hoss! Better keep her close, don’t want that one to get away!

Congrats! Great gift from the missus!

Happy Birthday Hoss! I have been blessed with a wife that buys me firearms as well! Certainly not the most important characteristic--but a very nice bonus!!

Congrats @Hoss Delgado! A happy marriage is the best life blessing I've experienced. Our 23rd anniversary was Aug. 30, and my 57th birthday was yesterday.

Looking forward to a thread with pics of the other (undoubtably big bore) addition to your battery!

Happy Birthday Hoss! I have been blessed with a wife that buys me firearms as well! Certainly not the most important characteristic--but a very nice bonus!!
Thanks , man . I can relate :D My significant other LOVES shooting. She's the only gal l ever met who can fire a .505 Gibbs loaded with Norma 600 grainers for 9 shots without feeling pain. For a 137 lb gal , that's pretty impressive ! :D

Congrats @Hoss Delgado! A happy marriage is the best life blessing I've experienced. Our 23rd anniversary was Aug. 30, and my 57th birthday was yesterday.

Looking forward to a thread with pics of the other (undoubtably big bore) addition to your battery!
Belated Happy Anniversary , Mr. Zorg ! Before l met her , l never knew .22 Rimfire shells could be reloaded :(. She also taught me how to flip a butterfly knife

Last edited:
Hoss, does your wife give lessons on "gun purchasing for a loving husband?" As mentioned previously, you'd better keep her on a short leash.
Oh , l ain't letting her go no where ! :D I would just have been happy if she bought me the shotgun. But she went a step further by having the choke reamed and finding one with double triggers

Last edited:
I think you’re spoiled Hoss!(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you