Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Europe, South Africa, North America
you are out, hunting... you sit and wait or you walk and stalk....
you see what you are after...
take out the binoculars... ok that the big one you are looking for.... ok, put the binos aside, take out the rangefinder ok its 90 yards... ab bit more to crawl... take out the binos again, look at it, its still there, take out the rangefinder... the herd is moving, where is the one...
and so on...

anyone familiar with this situation...

I thought about binos with included rf... there are only a few on the market, is suppose, but than i found
the new BUSHNELL Fusion 1600 ARC

p117919b.jpg

ordered them for testing...

will tell more about them, after testing.

the price is really nice, considering that you will not get good hunting binos and a rangefinder for that...

just wanted to let you all know.

nico

Attachments

• binoculars-rangefinder.jpg
    binoculars-rangefinder.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 283
hi macs,
this is a very nice page... i had a look at it... the cheap ones, below $ 500 are mostly crap, good binos, but rfs are not that nice.
the leupold, can't say anything about it, 'cause i didn't use it until now.
the expensive ones are very good, no matter if you choose swarowski or zeiss or something else, but they are way to expensive.
i just wanted to show the bushnell, because its a great deal... very good binos, very nice rf with lot of options... an a real good price, considering the price in germany, resp. europe :)

Well personally I would like to use some for a bit and see how they perform because my experience to date with Bushnell products has been less than stellar through several decades of different corporations holding the name and different products/models.

Perhaps the new ones are of good quality but based on my past experience I would be hard pressed to lay down any cash on a Bushnell product, especially binos with a built in range finder. I have yet to see a good pair of Bushnell binoculars, never mind a pair with a range finder in them.

As Macs mentioned, I think the Leica BRF are a very good product as is the comparable Zeiss. Lots of bucks and hard to afford but I would save my nickels and go that way myself. Each to their own.

I agree with kelly, i have never had a good bushnell product myself. I own the leica binos with rf and am very very happy with them. They are far better than the zeiss ones which i also tried. I can recommend the leica ones, yes the price is a bit hectic but it is well worth it for the quality of product that you get.

hi kelly, hi oliver,
please tell me more about the bushnell products you've used... I didn't that bushnell had such poor qualitiy, like you are saying.
could you explain in detail, what you mean.
I would like to know more about that.

Nico,

I have been using the Bushnell 1200 ARC rangefinder this past year and I have not had any issue with it. The optics is clear and I find it accurate. I have not missed a single animal since using it.

I am firm believer in you get what you pay for especially dealing with electronics, optics, and etc, but had to take exception to my rule since I was low on funds and wanted a range finder for a hunt I was going on. I think I paid ~ $300, and I am please the 1200 has not failed me. One of the things I like about it and did not think I would pay much attention to is the ballistic charts. They seem to be pretty accurate for the ammo I have shot when it calculating the bullet drop.

I am interested in your results when you test the Fusion 1600.

Steve

hi steve,
i am thinking about doing some tests with different calibers, bench rested and with my compound. but with the compound the might be a bigger margin of errors due to the "upright" shooting position.
we will see...
i will compare the bushnell with one swarowski and one zeiss, both far above the price of the bushnell.
will give better information asap.
nico

I use the wonderful LEICA Geovid 10 / 42 and I can not use an other type of binoculars anymore. Before I have got the wonderful Zeiss now they propose something also with the range finder but the LEICA is so clear, not that heavy and very precise that I will never turn my back to this Leica. Everything on this bino is accurate and strong...

Since 7 years now that I guide in Mauritius for the javan rusa deer hunt I use (since 4 years) the same Leica and I can not use nothing else now... If I forget it in my car, it's like if I forget my rifle, a part of a very essential tools of my passion.

Like my Z6 SWAROVSKI scope, now i can return back to get an other optic. But this is very personal...

Back in the day while doing my training and qualification to become a PH, the instructor of the school said a very important thing. When it comes to optics, when you walk into the store and all the models are lying next to each, you take the model that you cant afford....

When it comes to optics, when you walk into the store and all the models are lying next to each, you take the model that you cant afford....

There is much to KMG's statement. Most optics seem somewhat comparable when tested alongside one another at the sales counter by way of a quick glance in midday light. The difference with quality optics will become highly noticeable and the cost difference justified when used in extended viewing situations and in low light.

Quality optics such as Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski are a one time investment that a serious hunter will not later regret. For many years my personal choice in quality optics has been Leica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross