Binocular tripods?

Nevada Mike

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
I recently bought a pair of Swaro 15 X 56 SLC binoculars with their tripod adaptor. I've tried to use this with my Trigger Stick III with the tripod adaptor that Tirgger Stick provides. It's way too wobbly for effective field use.

I am looking for an adaptable, lightweight, folding tripod to us with these binoculars... one that I can easily carry in a knapsack and set up quickly. I am sure some of you have researched this and may have suggestions.

Mike

baxterb

AH fanatic
Reaction score
I had a Slick 624 and Outdoorsmans pan head that I stupidly sold. I will be buying another set.

The Outdoorsmans pan head is THE best pan head you will use. Mount the stud to the front of the binos and you can deploy the system in about 30 seconds. The Outdoorsmans tripods are also worth a look.

No, they aren;t cheap -but then neither were your Swaros. You need a solid base to take ad vantage of your 15x.

Binos on tripods are way underused.

Still alive

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa
I bought the vortex tripod. Works great. You can buy lighter ones but I’m very happy with these

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
I use a slik. Excellent tripod.

TwoTracks

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member, DSC
Hunted
USA
How tall are you? The most common tripod I have seen folks use is the manfrotto 190/290 series. It is tall enough for guys 6’ tall and under. Works good for standing and is light enough. Same with the Slik 634 and 734. If you are 6’1” or taller, you might want to look at the manfrotto 055 or Slik 834. They will allow you to not be hunched over for hours each day.

I’d also recommend calling and talking with Muley Crazy up in Kanab. Ryan or Alicia will give you honest advice and give you a super deal.

450 Dakota

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
How tall are you? The most common tripod I have seen folks use is the manfrotto 190/290 series. It is tall enough for guys 6’ tall and under. Works good for standing and is light enough. Same with the Slik 634 and 734. If you are 6’1” or taller, you might want to look at the manfrotto 055 or Slik 834. They will allow you to not be hunched over for hours each day.

I’d also recommend calling and talking with Muley Crazy up in Kanab. Ryan or Alicia will give you honest advice and give you a super deal.
+1 on Ryan and Alicia at Muley Crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nestcbdgumant

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope
CADJR55 wrote on roverandbrew's profile.
Is that Level 7 Type 2 Primaloft PCU parka still for sale?
geoff rath wrote on Aussie_Hunter's profile.
Apologies, been somewhat preoccupied with (poor) health issues; were you interested in the Norma factory 550 grain Solid 450 Rigby ammo I mentioned?
Geoff Rath
Just found this site, very interesting!