BIG Increase in Fees Zimbabwe by Zim Parks ?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Apparently the Zim outfitters were not going to jump on Botswana and Zamibia changing hunting opps. Which is great. But, it looks like the government is taking advantage without notification of consultation.
I feel for the outfitters.

I have been trying to do some digging into the apparent increase in Trophy Fees charged by Zim Parks on its concessions.
These charges to be effective immediately.

Not small amounts either.

For example:
Triple in Bow Permit Fees $500 up to $1500

Buffalo increase of $3000,
Lions and Elephant to go up as well.

I can't find anything on Zim Parks website to confirm this.

Anyone get any "we are sorry to inform you" letters from their Zim outfitters yet?

Martin, do you have any news you can share?

Last edited:
Fact
Parks upped various fees considerably in Reno, we have had many meetings but they are here to stay.
Basically at this time the fees are
Bow permits $ 1500
Hound permits $ 1500
Buffalo trophy fees $ 3500
Lion $ 7000

Plus fees are up for day visitors in mana pools to $ 20/ day instead of $ 20 week!

Africa what can we say or do and they say there will be further increases for 2014 not sure what though

Cheers

Martin

Unfortunate but it is what it is.

No different than any other African government (zim, SA, Tanz, Mozie all the same) no surprise at all.....Brickburn encouraging to hear that Zim outfitters were not intending to jump on the escalation in demand and the diminished supply with Zam and Bots doing their thing.... Sorry to say I just don't believe it..... economics 101.

Mozie went through the same a month or 3 ago.

My best always

Thanks guys!

Basically at this time the fees are
Bow permits $ 1500
Hound permits $ 1500

Martin,
What is the fee for the special handgun permit?
Thanks.

No different than any other African government (zim, SA, Tanz, Mozie all the same) no surprise at all.....Brickburn encouraging to hear that Zim outfitters were not intending to jump on the escalation in demand and the diminished supply with Zam and Bots doing their thing.... Sorry to say I just don't believe it..... economics 101.

Mozie went through the same a month or 3 ago.

My best always

Jaco, I have no doubt that over time the market will accommodate the new reality.

The Zim operators were not jumping on these changes like rabid jackals. Gouging, immediately! Was the intention of the comment.

I know you for one are very charitable and drop your rates on a weekly basis until your calendar is full. :)

Thanks for the reply Martin.

Jaco, I have no doubt that over time the market will accommodate the new reality.

The Zim operators were not jumping on these changes like rabid jackals. Gouging, immediately! Was the intention of the comment.

I know you for one are very charitable and drop your rates on a weekly basis until your calendar is full. :)

Now now uncle Brickburn we all have to eat....
:)

My best always.

Now now uncle Brickburn we all have to eat....
:)

My best always.

Jaco, you are honest and up front about your policies and pricing.

I would never want you or anyone else to starve.

:) I think I shall call thee Uncle.... :) It has a great ring to it... (Wanted to make it official:) )
:crazylol::first::biggrin2:

Anyone get any "we are sorry to inform you" letters from their Zim outfitters yet?

Yesterday I got an email from Chifuti/Safari Classics indicating that the Zim gov increased the amount of the Cape Buffalo trophy fee to approximately $6000 in addition to increases in Lion and Elephant fees. They are graciously not passing along the entire increase to their customers. I'm booked for a Cape/Leopard hunt starting the end of March. Thank goodness they didn't mess with the Leopard fees!

Yesterday I got an email from Chifuti/Safari Classics indicating that the Zim gov increased the amount of the Cape Buffalo trophy fee to approximately $6000 in addition to increases in Lion and Elephant fees. They are graciously not passing along the entire increase to their customers. I'm booked for a Cape/Leopard hunt starting the end of March. Thank goodness they didn't mess with the Leopard fees!

That is most gracious not to pass the surprise increase on. I think it may have a big impact on the bottom line.
Feel for them.

We're basically splitting the puppy. It's a "rifles" worth of money but at this point what can I do? - I'm fairly committed both financially and emotionally!

another forum states that leopard fees increased as well.

This kinda sucks for me. I am booked for a zim leopard hunt with a bow over hounds in may. Hmmmmm I wonder if I should add a buffalo elephant and lion to my hunt just to make sure that I successfully book all the other item increases while Im at it.

. Hmmmmm I wonder if I should add a buffalo elephant and lion to my hunt just to make sure that I successfully book all the other item increases while Im at it.

Ha!! I do think raising prices in Zim will push a lot of business to Moz and RSA for buffalo.

another forum states that leopard fees increased as well.

I'm doing both Leopard and Buffalo in April. Chifuti's email was fairly specific in that only the Buffalo trophy fees were raised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross