Big Game/Waterfowl Combo

jcnelsn1

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Any recommendations for an outfitter that could provide a stag hunt (other big game on the table as well) and waterfowl combo hunt in New Zealand? I understand a lot of the stag hunting is done on fenced estates. Would not be my first choice, but could get comfortable with it on a large property I think. Would like a nice lodge with good food, etc. Thanks

I don’t have a recommendation for that hunt, but what you said about fenced estates isn’t necessarily true. Most of the New Zealand stag hunting marketed to Americans is the estate hunting however there is a huge amount of free range stag hunting available. Most of the big outfitters will offer it if you ask, but there are a lot of guides in New Zealand. Their hunting guide association maintains a list of all members on their website. I would suspect many of the “unknown” guides listed mainly hunt free range. There is a huge difference in free range vs estate stags, in horns, color, body size, and especially temperament. Both these stags are considered management class.
963943B8-6FCE-4F18-BECE-EA7AC17DCA83.jpeg
388268F1-7157-4926-9925-C114D16BF87F.jpeg

Jim Gibson... New Zealand safaris. Lots of public and private land. Great areas and great outfitter!

Anyone ever been with Venator Cadrona Safaris? Estate hunt but looks like 10-15k acres with a lot of terrain

For what it is worth, I booked a trip for Tahr and waterfowl with New Zealand Trophy Hunting. Haven't hunted with them yet but offer different types of hunts (for example we are hiking in and camping out for the Tahr portion of my hunt) and lodging options. Communication has been great but I am not hunting with them till 2025 so might be a while before I get a first hand report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!