Big Game Hunter Who Has Killed More Than 5,000 Elephants Says...

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Adrian, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Adrian

Adrian AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    England year round and Namibia x4

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Now this guy knows what he's talking about.

"Eduardo Gonçalves, founder of the Campaign to End Trophy Hunting, rubbished Mr Thomson's claims - saying natural animal populations rarely 'overstock' themselves."

:E Head Hurt:

3. Wheels

Wheels AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
    The article is all media distortion and bias.

Rhodesia scientifically determined they had a carrying capacity of 46,500 elephants. This when they had a human population of 7 million. Elephants above that number were culled up until the bush war preempted the effort. Thompson worked for parks along with a number of others that culled elephant. The 5,000 number is not near the highest among those whose job it was to keep the elephant population in check.

Zimbabwe now has a human population of 14 million and an elephant population of 83,000.......

flat8, edward, johnnyblues and 5 others like this.

4. spike.t

spike.t AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2013 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    Oh yeah eduardo definitely talks out of his ring .......:K Moon:

5. ChrisG

ChrisG BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAHC, NRA, Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation.
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada
    Unfortunately, idiocy has a gravity of its own... It's what makes idiots irresistably drawn to each other without even knowing why they're there, then expound on their lofty beliefs based solely in idiocy and emotion... all while having the common sense of a water bear. The last bastions of sanity are having their edges flaked away... I shudder when I think of the world my children will have to face, where everyone walks around in a drooling stupor all while telling everyone about all the "progress" they've made.

Break into a house and kill it's innocent occupants in some gruesome horrific tragedy and it might make local news... Kill a lion in a country thousands of miles away and there is international uproar. Give me a break.

Hogpatrol likes this.

6. johnnyblues

johnnyblues AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
    Look lets face it no matter what ANY qualified expert says the antis will NEVER ACCEPT ANYTHING but total elimination of hunting. Emotion is by far the worse decision making tool a human has. I can imagine if they had there way and wildlife completely disappeared due to their programs, they would say it was too late hunters did this not us. A complete no win situation with the antis!

Bas, 35bore and mikeinarkansas like this.

7. 35bore

35bore AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA,Missouri hunters ed, SCI, Owensville Gun Club, Quail Forever
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, France
    There is no doubt . Pro OR anti hunting, pro OR anti guns. Both sides, well basically pick a side, I stand with the pro gun pro hunting side. Kenya and many others (Costa Rica) that I'm going to, have suffered from the desimation of their hunting industry.

johnnyblues likes this.

8. edward

edward GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    safari club,nra,d.s.c.
    Hunted:
    south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
    SO,why do we bother?screw them and all their followers.we will keep on doing our thing for the benefit of the wild life and mankind and they will continue on with their lying bull crap ripping off the middle road fence riders claiming their donations are helping when the money is going into their pocket as always.i dont think the Beat to death dead horse ever got up and ran.

johnnyblues likes this.

9. Timbo

Timbo AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    BGRC PFRC & SSAA
    Hunted:
    Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia
    Once again a vitrilolic outburst based on emotion rather than facts- with patently obvious deliberately misleading and innaccurate reporting to whip up anti-hunting bile. The site has stopped taking any more comments for this story, so I went through all of them and gave a thumbs-up to those which supported the facts, and a thumbs-down to the rest. (Maybe if 10K of us members did the same, the media might take some notice?)

One unarguable FACT - that I did send to that idiot Eduardo was:

"The WWF Director General, James Leape, stated publicly on DVD: "Hunting species in a sustainable way will continue to be a part of conservation - and should be!" (BBC DVD, 2006, "Planet earth", Episode 14, "Living together")."

- and yes, you guessed it, the gutless bastard STILL hasn't responded to that one!!

But I did like some commentators who (IMHO) correctly identified THE root cause of ALL our environmental problems: uncontrolled, continuing, global human overpopulation.

In this perspective, culling wildlife as a method to maintain a contained habitat's biomass capacity,is a direct consequence to this issue - as remaining habitats are both dwindling in size, and, are facing ever increasing pressures from us humans.

But in my view, any attempt to try and address any environmental issue is stymied due to our current fundamental societal framework of ethics, morals and mores. These not only fuel the continued magnitude of our problems - but also conspire to the complete taboo towards any contemplation on finding a solution(s) due to the "sanctity of human life" - which itself is also a compounding factor in the global human overpopulation of this world. Say what you want about China, but their "one child" policy was a genuine acknowledgement (and attempt) to tackle this insurmountable problem.

Again, for want of a paucity of any research done in this field, these views are my own.