Big Bore Rifles For Sale

fishhead

AH member
Reaction score
Media
rifles big bore.JPG
Big bore rifles, all in great shape. In Kodiak,AK Will ship USPS priority packaged like they intend to destoy it. Top is an Interarms Whitworth 458 Win Mag with base and rings and removable muzzle brake. Looks unfired. $850 plus shipping. In the middle is a Weatherby Mark V 375 H&H with base and rings. Very little use, was a friends backup gun on his African hunt. $650. Bottom is an Interarms Mark X 375 H&H $450 very little use. PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! That Interarms was priced a few hundred more than just the price of the action alone and you get an entire rifle. I can see why it went so fast. The others are quite reasonable.

Well @AZDAVE my wife will thank you from keeping another 375 from showing up!

I thought the Weatherby Mark V action was push feed.
Am I incorrect?

You're correct, my mistake, the Mark V is push feed. I'm not a Weatherby guy. But didn't they have rifles made in Germany on Mauser action at one time? Thanks for catching that.

Sort-of; the first Weatherbys were made in Southgate, Calif and the standard runs used FN commercial '98 actions- these were CRF. then the Mark V action was developed and the initial supplier was part of the Sauer werkes in Germany- these were Push-Feed. For some reason, the source was shifted to Japan but the rifle remained essentially the same.

I'll take the interarms 375
You stole that gun! Had I seen it sooner, I would have stole it. Is it a Yugoslav/Serbian action?

Well @AZDAVE my wife will thank you from keeping another 375 from showing up!

thank you for saving my marriage...

I was seriously tempted on this one....
@mdwest Make sure you tell her that so she puts us back on the christmas card list, as she was a tad miffed at me assisting you to build the 416 taylor

@cagkt3 Glad to help a fellow big bore guys out so that the better half doesn't get chapped.

I’m in Palmer. PM me please
View attachment 295697 Big bore rifles, all in great shape. In Kodiak,AK Will ship USPS priority packaged like they intend to destoy it. Top is an Interarms Whitworth 458 Win Mag with base and rings and removable muzzle brake. Looks unfired. $850 plus shipping. In the middle is a Weatherby Mark V 375 H&H with base and rings. Very little use, was a friends backup gun on his African hunt. $650. Bottom is an Interarms Mark X 375 H&H $450 very little use. PM me.

Sort-of; the first Weatherbys were made in Southgate, Calif and the standard runs used FN commercial '98 actions- these were CRF. then the Mark V action was developed and the initial supplier was part of the Sauer werkes in Germany- these were Push-Feed. For some reason, the source was shifted to Japan but the rifle remained essentially the same.
I grew up in Downey, next to South Gate. When I got my drivers’ license, I drove to Weatherby’s shop ONCE and gazed at the rifles I knew/thought I could never afford to buy. This was in the mid seventies. By then, Weatherby had shifted their production to the Howa factory in Japan to reduce labor costs and be able to compete with Remington, Winchester, Ruger, etc. Howa actually produced better quality rifles (better machining) than in the U.S. at the time. Howa’s quality is still great today. Anyway, just some Weatherby history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross