Big Bore Hunting Rounds Wanted

I have often thought about building a display like this especially with the members on the forum here having a very diverse type of cartridges. Everything from .22 CB's one up to the 600 Nitro Express rounds.

However since you can not ship them through the US mail I think that the cost would get prohibitive shipping them with UPS or FedEx or other ground shippers. Now if you met up in person that would be a totally different thing.
Actually, it's not a problem at all, simply ship dummy rounds. No powder, no primer. That way you can ship them to and from anywhere with no issues. In fact, I use the primer pocket to glue the finishing nail into, and then the finishing nail becomes a pin protruding from the bottom that holds the round in place. Makes it very easy to move the rounds around in order to accommodate new additions. See pic below.

1576349296498-1120317976.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
...and if you decide to go down that road, let me know. I have an abundance of doubles that I've accumulated over the years.
Michael

Michael, you are onto something. You have both the post and mounting sorted. Presumably there is no restrictions on display either. I think in Australia there is a cartridge collectors permit in some states. That would be for live rounds and probably covers Anything obscure but also some states only allow you to own ammo that suits your registered firearms.

Attachments

• cd8e10_40c5621b06db46d7be533f07bee979ad.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 51
I have hit coyotes and groundhogs at over 600 with my 375 H&H. Found it to be a very accurate round. Shot 300gr Sierras for years on just a little Harris bipod.

The 1K benchrest was another matter entirely. I was 10 rounds into the sighter period before my Dad saw the first impact on the target berm. I had not shot at 1K before, and my Dad had never spotted for anyone. Took another 4 or 5 to get the scope adjusted, ran out of elevation and had to hold over several feet. Then 5 rounds for record. Maybe 18 or 20 rounds total in just over 6 minutes. Learned quite a lot during that 7 minutes.

I quickly looked but didn't see, you need .500 Jeffery, 9.3x74R, and .458 Lott? I have 8x56R but it is all live ammo. Trying to think if I don't have any other off the wall ammo laying around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois