Bevy of CZ Beauties!

Very nice battery Scott. They appear well maintained as too, nice and clean.

Hi Victor, Did you get the same rifle as mine or the full stocked one? This one I have is the only one I have seen like it, others were FS. The load I was shooting that day was the 150gr Nosler Ballistic Tip ahead of Reloder 19. Don't know if either are available in RSA but you no doubt have equivalent powders. It also shoots the 160 gr Sierra Game King Hollow Point very well, using Reloder 22. I have only had this rifle for a couple of months and still working up loads for it. I should have the target with groups shot the other day to post here tomorrow, unless the range master forgot to save it, which has happened before. Hope not. Thanks!!

Scott

The smaller hood appears to be a Winchester style, I don't believe its factory CZ. I like the bigger one and have one coming to replace the smaller. ....
And I do like it better than the original. Or it could be Sako hood. They seem to fit also from what I recall. But the original ZKK hoods were even smaller and nicer. However those just slid on and got lost very easily unless pinned or otherwise retained. I mean I do use the original hoods as they are better than no hood IMO but I never did like them. I'm just used to them. :)

I think you should fill the collection out a bit and add a nice CZ 22.Could be kept company by its big brothers.(y)

All great looking rifles! Would be proud to own any one of them!

Nice looking trio. Logic dictates I ask the question: Why a 7x64 if you have a 7x57? Emotion says "because I wanted one!" I have a multitude of CZ's & BRNO's also. The only thing that bugs me about CZ rifles is the bluing job. It seems to "acquire" a thin film of rust very quickly. None of the other makes of rifles I have do that.

Hi Victor, Did you get the same rifle as mine or the full stocked one? This one I have is the only one I have seen like it, others were FS. The load I was shooting that day was the 150gr Nosler Ballistic Tip ahead of Reloder 19. Don't know if either are available in RSA but you no doubt have equivalent powders. It also shoots the 160 gr Sierra Game King Hollow Point very well, using Reloder 22. I have only had this rifle for a couple of months and still working up loads for it. I should have the target with groups shot the other day to post here tomorrow, unless the range master forgot to save it, which has happened before. Hope not. Thanks!!

Scott

Thanks Scott

It's like yours, without the full stock. It's a 550 Lux. We get Nosler Ballistics but not the powder. We get Somchem powders but sure they will be similar.

I think you should fill the collection out a bit and add a nice CZ 22.Could be kept company by its big brothers.(y)
I have my dads old Brno Model 1 .22, the forerunner of the CZ .22, so got that covered.

Nice looking trio. Logic dictates I ask the question: Why a 7x64 if you have a 7x57? Emotion says "because I wanted one!" I have a multitude of CZ's & BRNO's also. The only thing that bugs me about CZ rifles is the bluing job. It seems to "acquire" a thin film of rust very quickly. None of the other makes of rifles I have do that.
I fell in love with the 7x64 a few years ago. I was always a 7mm fan and for years carried a custom .280 Remington on a Ruger 77 action. I have gone thru a few 7x64's now as well but this one is the best shooter of the lot. Also been a big fan of the 7x57 and have this one and a Ruger No. 1 Light Sporter. In the case of these rifles, its a lot about the rifles themselves, just liking them, but they have to be in calibers I like. And I like all 3 of these very much. Not sure logic has much to do with it.:eek::rolleyes::D

Thanks Scott

It's like yours, without the full stock. It's a 550 Lux. We get Nosler Ballistics but not the powder. We get Somchem powders but sure they will be similar.
I think we need to see a pic of it. BTW, mine had been glass bedded when I got it used. It shot well the first time out, but it threw a couple of uncalled flyers. So as it was already bedded, I went ahead and free floated the barrel as well, then it just came alive. This has been my one complaint about CZ rifles and many others as well, poor bedding. I bedded and floated the 7x57 for the same reasons. The 9.3 has been floated but not bedded. It has a second recoil lug forward of the action, which adds to stability so unless I cant get it to shoot really well, I probably wont bed it. It already has shot some very nice groups with my favorite components. I have found in several rifles in this cal that 60-61 grs of IMR4064 behind the Barnes 250gr Triple Shock bullet and/or the Nosler 250 Accubond, is a barn burner load and this one is no exception. Its one of those rare "recipes" that seem to work across the board.

Some people will say those stocks look weird, but they come to the shoulder naturally, the scope or open site are right in view. The recoil to me is pleasant with that design.

I think we need to see a pic of it. BTW, mine had been glass bedded when I got it used. It shot well the first time out, but it threw a couple of uncalled flyers. So as it was already bedded, I went ahead and free floated the barrel as well, then it just came alive. This has been my one complaint about CZ rifles and many others as well, poor bedding. I bedded and floated the 7x57 for the same reasons. The 9.3 has been floated but not bedded. It has a second recoil lug forward of the action, which adds to stability so unless I cant get it to shoot really well, I probably wont bed it. It already has shot some very nice groups with my favorite components. I have found in several rifles in this cal that 60-61 grs of IMR4064 behind the Barnes 250gr Triple Shock bullet and/or the Nosler 250 Accubond, is a barn burner load and this one is no exception. Its one of those rare "recipes" that seem to work across the board.

Thanks for the advice. It definitely needs to shoot straight all the times so I'll check it out on the range when I get it :). Still waiting for the license approval so it's still at the gun shop. I first got interested in a 7x64 when I had a client from Australia who shot very well with one. It's ballistically very similar to a .270 Win but with a heavier bullet.

More precisely it is a metric .280 Remington, just a whole lot older. Two peas in a pod.

IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2518.JPG
As promised, here is the target for the 7x64 from last week. Of course some boob used my target to sight something else in but fortunately didn't blow my groups out. Main pic shows the 5 different groups starting in center, the largest group. I wrote down the avgs. on the right. Next shot is of the bug size group. Basically 3 in one hole and one "flyer" to the left to spoil the group! Smallest group I have ever fired with any rifle. Not bad for a hunting rifle.

View attachment 56479 View attachment 56480 As promised, here is the target for the 7x64 from last week. Of course some boob used my target to sight something else in but fortunately didn't blow my groups out. Main pic shows the 5 different groups starting in center, the largest group. I wrote down the avgs. on the right. Next shot is of the bug size group. Basically 3 in one hole and one "flyer" to the left to spoil the group! Smallest group I have ever fired with any rifle. Not bad for a hunting rifle.
Very nice scott, expecially for a hunting rifle. I only have 2 hunting rifle that print clover leaves on a regular basis. You have a gem on your hands brother.

@sestoppelman, do these rifles have that set trigger that CZs have now? I have heard of a lot of people really hating it and having the trigger replaced with a traditional one.

I think most of the CZ 550s have the set trigger. The beauty of it is you do not have to set it. It is a traditional trigger with set trigger option so to speak.

Yes, that is true Milan. I checked 2 of my 3 and they do and I am certain the other does as well. As you say its easy to ignore. I had to go check as I was not sure they did! That just shows I think that the prejudice against the option is silly and pointless. If one does not like the set trigger, its real simple. Don't use it. I never do. I have heard the squeaking from some shooters about the set trigger and frankly do not understand it. The groups fired above used the normal trigger function.

Nice looking rifles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottyB2157

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!