Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Slow day here! Here then is 3 of the best rifles I have owned. All three work perfectly and shoot very well, the newest is the middle gun, a 7x64mm. Left/top gun with the plainest wood is a 7x57 and on the right/bottom is a very accurate 9.3x62. All wear Czech made Meopta glass which I have found to be about as good as the more pricey Zeiss glass and better than Leupold. Sacrilege I know. Anyway, Czech glass for Czech rifles. 3-9 for the two 7's and a fixed 6X for the 9.3mm, in detachable mounts from OZ. Wood on the 7x64 and 9.3 is near spectacular. Note the 9.3 has two stock bolts.
IMG_2498.JPG
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG
IMG_2503.JPG
IMG_2501.JPG
As to shooting? As I said all are good, the most spectacular though is the newest, the 7x64. I don't yet have the target for proof, but will post it next week. It shoots bug size groups! I mean 4 in under a half inch. It is the most accurate hunting rifle I have ever owned. It does in fact rival if not surpass a couple of bull barreled sniper rifles I have owned. It is that good. That rifle has the wrong front sight hood, but a proper one is forthcoming. Cast your eyes on these beauties, and no they are not for sale. Sorry! NOT!!
IMG_2497.JPG

Beautiful. Love my 375 and 404 - both look great and shoot well too! Look forward to seeing that bug target.

Great wood on those CZs.I should have my re-barrel CZ 404 next week I'm anxious to test drive it,,

Are those factory CZ stocks? In anticipation of the future I've started looking into the 550's and have wondered about the quality of wood

Get out and shoot them. It is the only way to truly appreciate them.

Yes, wood is factory and yes I shoot the you know what out of them Wayne.
I was expecting to see some cute Czech women:Woot:

Nice trio of rifles!
Do you know any??:eek:
Forgot to mention it, but two of these have the 3 position safety which is pretty neat. I have read that this is done aftermarket by some outfit whose name escapes me.

Yes, wood is factory and yes I shoot the you know what out of them Wayne.

Do you know any??:eek:
Forgot to mention it, but two of these have the 3 position safety which is pretty neat. I have read that this is done aftermarket by some outfit whose name escapes me.
Unfortunately not.

Really nice Sess.

The only thing I see bad with all of them is the bolt is on the wrong side of the rifle, but other than that. :E Angel::E Big Grin:

Thanks guys, these are great rifles.

The wood on that 7x64 is spectacular! All the guns look very nice.

Slow day here! Here then is 3 of the best rifles I have owned. All three work perfectly and shoot very well, the newest is the middle gun, a 7x64mm. Left/top gun with the plainest wood is a 7x57 and on the right/bottom is a very accurate 9.3x62. All wear Czech made Meopta glass which I have found to be about as good as the more pricey Zeiss glass and better than Leupold. Sacrilege I know. Anyway, Czech glass for Czech rifles. 3-9 for the two 7's and a fixed 6X for the 9.3mm, in detachable mounts from OZ. Wood on the 7x64 and 9.3 is near spectacular. Note the 9.3 has two stock bolts. View attachment 56293 View attachment 56294 View attachment 56295 View attachment 56296 View attachment 56297 As to shooting? As I said all are good, the most spectacular though is the newest, the 7x64. I don't yet have the target for proof, but will post it next week. It shoots bug size groups! I mean 4 in under a half inch. It is the most accurate hunting rifle I have ever owned. It does in fact rival if not surpass a couple of bull barreled sniper rifles I have owned. It is that good. That rifle has the wrong front sight hood, but a proper one is forthcoming. Cast your eyes on these beauties, and no they are not for sale. Sorry! NOT!!View attachment 56292
Any CZ fan is a friend of mine. :D And if he is a Meopta fan, then even more so. :D:D:D BTW, I like the smaller front sight hood over the newer style. Always had. I love CZs but never liked the big slanted hood.

How well do those CZ stocks manage recoil? The stock design seems different than the average stock?
These CZ rifles seem very appealing in quality, and looks.

The smaller hood appears to be a Winchester style, I don't believe its factory CZ. I like the bigger one and have one coming to replace the smaller. The stocks are different, what would be called Euro style with the Bavarian hump comb and sharp pointed cheekpiece. It has taken me some time to warm to the style but have become a fan. Recoil being subjective.. don't know for sure if it makes much difference. The only one with any real kick is the 9.3 and I don't notice any difference between it and the American style stock CZ in that cal.

97, 98 and 2000.

I just looked at some of the rifles at the CZ website. I see what you mean about the American style stock vs. The Euro.
The Bavarian hump in the stock is an interesting look. I wasn't sure if that design produces more felt recoil in the large calibers vs. standard Monte Carlo, or straight style

You got me all excited with this post. I just bought a CZ 7x64 and can't wait for my license to be approved. This is SA, and the process takes 3 months!! I love the feel of the CZ rifle and the way the sights line up when you shoulder it. What grain and bullet do you shoot those groups with. Thanks for making my day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!