Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
Maybe some of the PH's on here can give us their recommendations. I was wondering what brand or model of trail camera is preferred for Leopard? There are all these new models with new no glow IR lights that I would assume would be a major improvement in the dark. I use trail cameras intensively watching for predators on my sheep ranching operation. I place them at water troughs. I have been using regular Bushnells for quite a few years with good success. The selection now is endless so that is why I pose the question.
Regards,
Philip

Im no PH but having used reconyx cameras i can say they are quite good.

Philip like you I have used the Bushnell cameras for deer hunting. I have several different models and all seem to work very well for me!

Reconyx are great. My elk hunting buddy and I each had one. Long story but one was stolen, so now we're down to one as we're not sure whose camera it was that got taken. But, Reconyx are not cheap.

Philip like you I have used the Bushnell cameras for deer hunting. I have several different models and all seem to work very well for me!
Charlie,
Agree totally with you. Bushnell is simple to operate and takes good pics. I am just wondering if the new technology has an edge with night time predators that are far more wary of having their pic taken than a whitetail deer? The new no glow cams seem to be the way to go.
Regards,
Philip

Philip,
I can't comment on Leopard but I'm running Browning cameras with both IR flash and "Black Flash" or no visible light, I have noticed no apparent difference with deer and hog pictures. Last year I did have a black bear swat an IR camera that "flashed" him at close range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross