Best time to Hunt Kudu

Tomfer

Reaction score
Member of
Comprensorio alpi lecchesi,associazione cani traccia alpi lecchesi,accompagnatore esperto camoscio
Hunted
Italy,poland,hungary,slovenia,france,namibia,croazia
Because i can't write new post,i would like to ask which is the best period for hunting old kudu exept during the rutting.
Thanks and sorry for the intrusion

Tomfer, you did not intrude on the other post it was about Kudu and I have no issue.
Please do go back to the thread and post your guess.

Here is a new thread, as that is what you intended.

My two cents is during the winter or whenever the brush is not as thick. It is hard to judge horns when their head is obscured. I think, I saw a 58+ kudu on the last trip. I should have shot it and sorted things later, PH couldn't see the animal. I passed, it saw us, never saw it again.

Breeding season for Kudu is May to about end of June ... It is not necesarrily the biggest bulls that are with the cows though .... They are all a little more visible though . The real big guys are sometimes hard to find anytime of the year . That is why they are big . We got a 60" early April last year and he was running with 2 cows ...

I do not think their is a perfect time just lot of luck needed for a big guy ! Good representable animals you will f
Ind year round !

Happy Hunting !!

I rekon the best time for you to hunt a big kudu is when your there ,
whenever you have your hunt is the only time you will have him in your sights .
if your not in Africa you cant hunt your bull .......
you may not even see the one ,on your first trip , but when you do you will know that's the one you came there for .
I hope it happens after a hard hunt in some wild country , when you draw or take your aim ,theres a hard earned sweat on your brow ,
and that night at camp while your having a cleansing ale , l hope it feels like your walking on angel pubes .
then l hope to read about it right here and admire your trophy photos .

During the rut is a good time,and then again towards end August beginning September when it is really dry. Agree with Richard, luck is the main factor!

Breeding season for Kudu is May to about end of June ... It is not necesarrily the biggest bulls that are with the cows though .... They are all a little more visible though . The real big guys are sometimes hard to find anytime of the year . That is why they are big . We got a 60" early April last year and he was running with 2 cows ...

I do not think their is a perfect time just lot of luck needed for a big guy ! Good representable animals you will f
Ind year round !

Happy Hunting !!

I agree with Richard but also with Enysse, during the rut the brush can still be very thick, this could potentially hamper hunting...

During the drier part of the season, bulls might not be hooked on cows but on reasonably large properties they will tend to move more due to dietary and water requirements.

Thereby (pretty much) as in the rut increasing odds on connecting with the desired bull...

Keep in mind that kudu on foot is a challenging hunt and probably rite up there in reward!

Enjoy and good luck.

My very best always

Agree completely with what was said! You dont hunt a big kudu, a big kudu comes too you!!
Those big guys are always hard too find and with the stars aligned in the right possition mother nature will give you the animal you desire.

Best of luck
Kind regards

During the rut is a good time,and then again towards end August beginning September when it is really dry. Agree with Richard, luck is the main factor!

I agree....right place at the right time and a little bit of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois