Best time to go on a South Africa Safari?

Bhfs300

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA Canada South Africa New Zealand
I can go the second half of July or the second half of September on a rifle safari. What would be the best time to book?

BHFS 300:)

Mostly a matter of weather preference. Cooler in July. Animals tend to stay nearer water in the warmer weather. Airfares may be a tad less later as well. May thru August is peak season. Talk to some outfitters, decide what you want to hunt and they will tell you the best time to do it.

July is cooler,September is still very dry in most areas,visibility is very good.The September weather is quite a bit warmer than July.I would make a decision purely made on the cost (airfares).

To be honest with you, don't think that there will be much of a difference in experience. September still offers some great hunting. The flight ticket will be the biggest factor here.
All the best with your planning.

Take Care,
Marius

Sooner is always better than later. :)

To be honest with you, don't think that there will be much of a difference in experience. September still offers some great hunting. The flight ticket will be the biggest factor here.
All the best with your planning.

Take Care,
Marius

yes, +1

My 1st thought when reading the title was right now! LOL Definitely not the best hunting wise but it would certainly beat working!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg