Best Texas taxidermist

Justin Poiencot

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
I am looking for a taxidermist here in texas to do 7 of my african mounts. I want someone who put the same time and finishing details in as Artistry of wildlife did on theirs. Thanks guys!

Well..... for whitetail I think Allen Palermo is very good but I don't think he does as much African. Jerry Huffaker has done well at some of the national taxidermy competitions and I've seen a few really good pieces by his shop with African stuff. Big names but doubt they have the detail you may be seeking are Brushcountry and Conroe taxidermy, but in Houston area.

or just learn how yourself and you can make them all look like you want. That's what I did ;)

Texas is a pretty big place. Do you know that Chicago is 16 miles closer to Texarkana than El Paso?

Hello sir, I'd love to help you and I am USDA certified to directly take in imports.
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0052.JPG
DSC_0054.JPG
DSC_0056.JPG

Allen Palermo is probably the best around.

Look at folks work and compare before pulling the trigger

Allen Palermo is probably the best around.

Look at folks work and compare before pulling the trigger

As you can see in post #2, I cited Allen also but that's based on his whitetail. Have you seen any of his African stuff? I'm just wondering. I run in some taxidermy circles and have met quite a few really talented folks.

I believe their are lots of very good taxidermist in Texas. But if you want a World Champion, then Jerry Huffaker in Abilene is your guy. I know @JGRaider uses him.

Last edited:
Truelife taxidermy in Granbury is excellent!! They do a lot of African animals. Not sure where you live but they will go to DFW airport and pick your animals up for you. They do all the importing so you cut that middleman out.

I am looking for a taxidermist here in texas to do 7 of my african mounts. I want someone who put the same time and finishing details in as Artistry of wildlife did on theirs. Thanks guys!

Ben Cromeans at Tri-State Taxidermy did my last Africa round, including some one-off stuff that turned out awesome. He’s great for African game. Been there many times himself.

Ben Cromeans at Tri-State Taxidermy did my last Africa round, including some one-off stuff that turned out awesome. He’s great for African game. Been there many times himself.
Sorry - Ben is in Houston.

I have used Mike Baird owner of B&B Taxidermy since 1997. He has done 18 safaris for me and is scheduled to handle the animals from my hunt in Matetsi 2 this August.

I have used Mike Baird owner of B&B Taxidermy since 1997. He has done 18 safaris for me and is scheduled to handle the animals from my hunt in Matetsi 2 this August.
After moving to Texas, I switched to B&B and have been very satisfied. They have vast experience in African game. https://www.bbtaxidermy.com/

Woods and Water do great work, Conroe area. Talk to Rowdy or Aaron. They will do all mine from my recent plus many others over the years.

Where are you located?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
propercapsules

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!