Best Tasting African Animal

Ryan,

That must be tasty as you suggest , shall try it out some day at your place, HMM ! the drinks too must be adding to the taste .

Thanks for new edible item to the menu list.

Monish

Have you ever tried porcupine? tastes just like Karoo lamb

I passed on several opportunities to eat porcupine in alaska. It just smells funny. Maybe the African variety is different.

Eric

Eric,

The African Porcupine does taste like a young piggy and so does the Indian variety , do try it once in Africa , hope your taste buds relish it !!!

Monish

meat hunter

guys , i hear you and i am glad to see we have a range from the proper hunter to the exotic hunter. i must point out that as many of us enjoy a few drinks after the hunt and with the meal ... it should not be a prerequesit to eating the exotic menu.
fine flesh buck (springbuck, eland, kudu,rooi hartebeest ect) are fine eating and cook mostly like your sheep/lamb...all depends on spicing
course flesh buck (gemsbuck, buffalo, blessbuck, waterbuck ect) also good eating cook mostly like beef
but for those who have an exotic tast croc and porkupine and bush pig....cool
but please dont tell me lion and other cats are nice:vomit:, we have so many other animals to eat.....unless you from asia and you dont give a hoot what you eat:cool: and think it is impressive to say you ate a dead dog?:pinocchio:
the aim of this conversation i understood to be of realistic african animals
keep well guys and straight shooting
:)

I have heard leopard is very tasty by a lot of people, hopefully someday I will get to try it out for myself.

But yes, all the antelope taste great....would love to have zebra...someday!

In Zimbabwe we had crocodile tail about 24 hours after it was shot. Makuka boiled it for 3 hours before dipping it in his secret batter and deep frying it! Brilliant!
Cape buffalo Schnitzel was fantastic. We took the inside fillet and left the rest of the old boy to the local community who had him hanging in strips in no time. Surprisingly tender. And Chicere, the old man who spotted my dagga boy asked very politely if he could have the testicles - I was happy to give them to him...
On our last hunt we shot nyala and tsessebe in the last week if the hunt and had a mixed braai of the two with a pile of boerwoers. It wasn't the best meal I ever had, but it was the most expensive!
But the number one all time best African game meat? Well in our book it's a draw - eland and warthog.

CRIADILLAS, in Spain are called Criadillas the bull testicles, They are considered a delicacy and if you try them once i can tell you you will love them, sounds odd, but is true.

I've truly enjoyed nearly all the game meat I've eaten in Africa, but my vote for the most delicious would be Eland.

i enjoy impala and wildebeest jerky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross