Best species to hunt?

Absolutely agree with the others in, ‘what says Africa to you?’ Plan your safari for your top animals and then have some money in your pocket for what you might come across. I was amazed at the amount of species of game there is. Once you’re there you can inquire about unsold tags or cow tags as well.

On thing my dad and I planned was taking different species. So even though I might not have shot a Nyala or Red Hartebeest, I still hunted them with him.

Pulling the trigger on an animal is a small percentage of the total experience you will have. I had a great time hunting, and just as great or if not better time hunting what my dad was after.

-Sycamore59

Anyone who has a problem with a Zebra rug can just stay out of my office. What others think has little or no bearing on what I choose to hunt. That said, a tracking hunt for eland is still the greatest plains game hunt I have encountered in Africa. For me it is very close to an elephant or buffalo hunt. I have very little interest in any game over bait. I have shot a number of bear in Alaska, all spot and stalk. I just can’t get interested in hunting them over bait. A tracking hunt for truly wild lion in the Kalahari would be incredible.

Tracking eland sounds great. Unfortunately for that type of hunt it sounds like I’d have to scrap all plans if SA and go somewhere else. Looks like it’s a spot and stalk type in SA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross