Best scopes out there with German #4 reticle

Leica Amplus 1-6 illuminated on my 375 ! Great scope

If the 4i can’t be found, the circle dot is basically a German 4 when not illuminated.

I actually sent my Z6 ee back to Swaro to have the CDS converted to 4i. Unfortunately the Swaro CDS illuminates both the dot and the circle. At last light the illuminated circle totally washes out the target. I love Swarovski products but I will never own another CDSi. IMO this is a major miss on their part.

I recently purchased a Noblex 1-6x24 German #4 with illuminated red dot in the centre. Mounted it on my Verney-Carron bolt action 9.3x62. Couldn't be happier! I don't know about "best" but it was about half the cost of other scopes of reasonably comparable quality. Optics Trade in Slovenia sell them.

I have Leupold, Meopta and Zeiss scopes with German #4 reticles. It is my favorite reticle and most of my scopes have them. One of my Leupold’s has an illuminated #4 which to me is the best of two worlds. Only the the dot is illuminated, the bars are not. I don’t believe I’d like the whole reticle lit. My Marlin 336 that I hunt hogs with has a German #4, it’s a VX-3 1.75-6x32. I think if I had it to do over again I’d try a German #1, but I’ve been vary pleased with it. If I had the guitas I’d probably go with a Leica having an illuminated #4.

I have a Leupold VX6 1-6X with illuminated no. 4 reticule on my .404J. This scope is from the Leupold custom shop. Very good scope (it would be better if it was a 1" tube!). The custom shop is CLOSED and has been for over a year. No idea if or when they might re-open the Custom Shop. Disappointing.

Leupold does offer German #1. Just not on the illuminated scopes. I also like the Trijicon post as it is always illuminated.

I would suggest you have a look at the Steiner Ranger range of optics.
I have two. A 2-8x42 for my .300WinMag barrel and a 1-4x24 for my .375H&H barrel on my Mauser.
I think they're quality scopes.

Trijicon Accupoint 1-6 x 30mm. Have it on my .416-shoots 1 hole groups. ~$1K. EuroOptic or SWFA. Also the center dot is always lit (no batteries required.)

View attachment 372612

Old thread, but related question:

C.W. - (or anyone), is your opinion of this optic still positive? Thinking of one for the first or backup option for my 9.3x62. In QD rings.

Old eyes, so a little worried about the thin part of the crosshair. (Probably moot with the illuminated dot, however.)

Current optic on the rifle is a Nightforce 2.5-10 with their very simple mil-dot configuration. (I like it a lot.) Hence I'm thinking about the mil- dot version of the Accupoint. (Not that it's really needed.)

I like simple mildot for hunting at various ranges. Trijicon has the center dot lit, so that would be my choice). Otherwise any dot reticle really makes you focus on that aimpoint. I wish they made regular hunting scopes with reticles like Trijicon has on their ACOG such as:
1663606611472.png

or

1663606685259.png

No batteries needed and decent fast, easy to use reticles reticles. Exclude the numbers to minimize confusion or just learn where your bullets hit and you can hunt without touching the dials.

Old thread, but related question:

C.W. - (or anyone), is your opinion of this optic still positive? Thinking of one for the first or backup option for my 9.3x62. In QD rings.

Old eyes, so a little worried about the thin part of the crosshair. (Probably moot with the illuminated dot, however.)

Current optic on the rifle is a Nightforce 2.5-10 with their very simple mil-dot configuration. (I like it a lot.) Hence I'm thinking about the mil- dot version of the Accupoint. (Not that it's really needed.)
Shootist, if it were me I'd look at it like this.

I'd have a simple No.4 or duplex type reticle with an illuminate centre dot. Turret set so I could quickly dial from a 200 yd zero to 200, 300, 350 and 400.

In QD rings to pop off for irons and / or be able to add a pre-zeroed red dot if the scope had issues

(Though a meopta 1.7-10 or Swaro 1.7-13 x 42 should be very reliable)

Scrummy

Al
Looking to find a scope for my 375. I love the German #4 reticle. Probably looking for a 1-6x I think that is probably the best power range for what I'm looking to do. Who out there makes a scope roughly in this power range with the German #4
All my scopes, Zeiss and Schmidt & Bender, have a # 4 reticle. On my 9.3 double is a Zeiss 1.1-4 x 24.

Meopta has a couple of different versions of it. The 30mm tube product lines are Meostar R1 and R2 and Optica6

Vortex Razor HD-LHT 3-15x50 has the G4-BDC reticle which is an evolution of the #4. This one is 30mm as well.

There are plenty of others.

Leica Amplus 1-6 illuminated. About 1300 bucks . Nice scope it’s on my 375hh

Re: The Trijicon Accupoint 1x6 (Mil-Dot reticle)

I bought it and played with it on a 308 for a couple of days. And like it alot.

On the second range session I set up a full size Perfect Shot cape buffalo target and ran the 1x6 in parallel with the 2.5x10 NF on the 9.3x62 at 10, 20, 50 and 80 yards. The better speed of acquisition at close range at 1x Vs 2.5X is huge. (Duh.)

Plus with the illuminated dot, the BAC feature even works for me, at 1X. Two eyes open - even though I'm left eye dominant and shoot righty.

The reticle is essentially a moderately heavy duplex, with illuminated dot. Heavy enough for my old eyes, even without the illuminated dot. The simple Mil-Dots are not busy (to me), but are reasonably useful at 6X. Zeroed at 100, I was able to get hits at on steel at 325 and 425 using reticle holds with the 308. (It was slow at distance due to only being 6X, however.)

Cons:
Turret clicks are fairy weak. Not even close to the positive feel of the Nightforce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!