Best Red Dot/RMR for 458 Lott

Still doing research on a Red dot Scope. I am now looking at the Aimpoint Micro H2 scope.
It is for my Heym 500 NE Double Rifle. It will be used for Buffalo,Hippo and other dangerous game. Here are 2 questions ...Should I sight it in at 50 or 100 yds and should I get the 2 MOA Dot size or 4 MOA Dot size? Any pro or cons with this Red Dot Scope?

I have 2 x Aimpoint Micro H1 and 1 x Aimpoint Micro H2, the H2 is a bit bulkier than the H1. But both are phebominal.

I would not go any bigger than 2MOA.

I sight in 1" high at 50m using the Aimpoint Micro Zeroing target. Body shots on any animal is easily done up to and a bit over 100m using this configuration.

I have a Heym 500 NE double Express rifle and my question to the EXPERTS...What do you think about the Doctor Optic Sight III? I wish to get a red dot scope for my double but can't make up my mind on the best for my double.
Any comments appreciated.
I like the Trijicon on my Heym .500 NE

1699632936756.png

1699632738925.png

I am a bit late to this thread but here goes. I have an Aimpoint Comp3 on my 416Rigby and 35Whelen and a H2 on my sportorized 303. Yes, with Red dots you look at your target and bring dot onto it not at the dot like you do with a reticle. The other thing is if the Red dot is like an Aimpoint there no to extremely little Parallax Error. The dot can appear to be in, say the top right hand corner of the sight, however if it is on target you are on target. Scopes, even on 1 power you have to have your eye in the right place in relation to the scope.

The original Acog sight you keep both eyes open as the eye behind the scope could not see the target or see it clearly, the brain superimposed the dot on the target via your non master eye. I believe it was called the Bindon Aiming Concept

I had a Leupold Delta point on my CZ .500 J but swapped it for a Trijicon RMR.I found the protector around the screen wasnt strong enough on the Leupold and when it got knocked it put the screen out of whack and the dot was unusable. I think the Trijicon is a stronger design. I have the triangle style reticle which I prefer that I think is no longer available ont he leupolds.

I had a Leupold Delta point on my CZ .500 J but swapped it for a Trijicon RMR.I found the protector around the screen wasnt strong enough on the Leupold and when it got knocked it put the screen out of whack and the dot was unusable. I think the Trijicon is a stronger design. I have the triangle style reticle which I prefer that I think is no longer available ont he leupolds.
I believe the Trijacon optics are stronger than Leupold. I have known a few Leupold's to go back for warranty but have not heard of a Trijacon letting go. That doe not mean Trijicon's won't fail just that I have I do not know of any.

Of the Red dots I believe Aimpoint is still the strongest. have seen a video of a rifle being tested and dropped out of a Chopper from 30 feet onto an Aussie claypan. Rifle worked, the Aimpoint on it cracked the rear ? lens as the sighjt was the first thing to hit the ground. The Aimpoint still worked and had not lost Zero.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elkreaper17

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois