Best Recoil Pad for .458 Lott

I've had many rifles with Decelerators and whilst they are very good quality and do absorb recoil, the Kickeze and Limbsaver are different, much softer and much more effective at taming a kicker. I love em, especially on 416, 404, 500 etc.
A long time ago the super soft pads Sobacoil pads worked great, but got a bad name as all of a sudden they would turn to sticky or even worse liquid, and melt into the carpet (saw it myself, and it took a bottle of acetone and elbow grease to get that liquid rubber out of the white gunroom carpet).
Some hard and nasty pads Ive seen on 375 up kicking rifles are the log lasting Ruger ones, hard in the middle CZ ones, and I've popped 2 Rigby Big Game red pads in the bin.

I'd like to see what a kickeeze pad is like, but from my humble testing with full power loads in the .375 I have no use for limbsaver. Especially in light of their piss poor response to the massive failure if their recoil pads turning into glue in my safe. Pacmayr is what I use for all my heavy kicking rifles now after it beat the limbsaver in the .375.

My gunsmith is fitting a Kickeez pad to my Lott. He told me in no uncertain terms to store the rifle muzzle down in the safe. Not a problem since that I store my vintage SxS shotguns.

My new Blaser in .458 Lott is fun to shoot, however, it is difficult to shoot this firearm a lot due to its significant recoil. I know I can reduce recoil by reducing the load and velocity to replicate a .458 Win Mag, however, if I wanted a Win Mag I would have purchased a Win Mag. Similarly, if I had a Ferrari, I would not drive it like a Smart Car. I am gradually becoming more recoil tolerant but I am considering replacing the recoil pad with a KickEEZ or a Limbsaver. I have done a bit of research on each but desire info from those who have used these products. If you have experience with a different product, please share that as well.
Good evening @Ed Lally ,
I have used countless Limb Saver recoil pads in rifles , over the years . They are among the best , especially for the .458 Winchester Magnum .

I use a Pachmayr F990 pad on my 500. I store it muzzle down to prevent the pad from depressing.

I didn't realize they were caliber-specific? My ex-mother-in-law was my fav sighter-inner of big bores! She had some padding! The older heavy recoilers I have use Pachmayr Decelerators and the newer (w/ Synth HSP stocks) wear Kick-Eez. Both work wonderfully, but I'd have to say the Pach works a tad better. A Silver's 1/4" (oddly in Red) works wonders on my .22 WRM, but only marginal recoil reduction on the Cricket .22 LR home pest safari rig. I'm thinking Kick-Eez were featured on some heavier recoiling American guns, as Rem would sell them (Son and I had 'em on too light Rem .300 Win Mags, .350 Rem Mag, 7 RSAUM, etc. and they work well!!)

500J!!! That is like dropping a big rock on your toe so you won't notice your headache anymore.
Saw some videos recently, taken at a U.S, gun club, where a .500 J was being passed around - the look on the faces of the shooters, even the big men, was worth bottling. The 15 yr old Swedish girl running and shooting a .450 J puts it into perspective. Bravo to those who can handle the big boomers!

My new Blaser in .458 Lott is fun to shoot, however, it is difficult to shoot this firearm a lot due to its significant recoil. I know I can reduce recoil by reducing the load and velocity to replicate a .458 Win Mag, however, if I wanted a Win Mag I would have purchased a Win Mag. Similarly, if I had a Ferrari, I would not drive it like a Smart Car. I am gradually becoming more recoil tolerant but I am considering replacing the recoil pad with a KickEEZ or a Limbsaver. I have done a bit of research on each but desire info from those who have used these products. If you have experience with a different product, please share that as well.
The best recoil pad solution for a Blaser .458 Lott is a nice Mauser based bolt rifle! Sorry, couldn’t resist. Lol

What is the limbsaver part number you guys are using on the r8s 10818 looks like there standard pad
Do the make a airtec prefit as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.