Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
Thought I had a set of QD rings that would fit a CZ, but they were 1" and already on a CZ American, lol. So much for those...

So I am looking to mount a Leupold VX-6 on a CZ550 in 375H&H. Figured more than a couple of you have something almost identical and would like to know what QD rings, including low, med, or high, that you're using. Looked at some past threads, but all I could find was brands; I'm looking for more detail. Thanks!

I put the low Talleys on my CZ 550, have a 1.5-5 power 30mm tube Leupold scope on it. Primarily went with the low rings as this rifle has the European stock.

Thought I had a set of QD rings that would fit a CZ, but they were 1" and already on a CZ American, lol. So much for those...

So I am looking to mount a Leupold VX-6 on a CZ550 in 375H&H. Figured more than a couple of you have something almost identical and would like to know what QD rings, including low, med, or high, that you're using. Looked at some past threads, but all I could find was brands; I'm looking for more detail. Thanks!

Been very happy with my 1”Warnes and I assume they make a 30mm version.

I think you’ll find you’re going to get recommendations mostly for Warnes and Talley. Talley are from what I see a are a little bit cleaner machined and it shows. You pay for that a bit more too. Functionally I’m not sure one is better than the other.

On my Heym Martini Express in 416 Rigby I used Alaska Arms QD rings. For the Heym Martini Express you use two CZ front rings as the Heym does not use the rear ring "tab" that the CZ requires. I my experience the Alaska Arms QD rings are positive but hand releasable, absolutely return to zero on that rifle, and I have had no effect from recoil.

Another reason I chose the Alaska Arms rings is they provided a bit lower scope mounting than other available rings. With a Zeiss Victory HT 1.1-4 or 1.5-6 they are the perfect height (IE: As low as possible.) on the Heym.

A picture is worth a thousand words. The 1.5-6 on the Heym. I also use this scope on my 300 Win plains game rifle as I find no utility in anything over 6x for even the longer ranges you might encounter when hunting plains game.

1639945117614.png

I have 30mm Alaska Arms rings on CZ 458 Lott. I believe these are medium height. The scope is a Swarovski 1-6x24 EE.
The bolt handle has been straightened on this rifle. I do not have an unaltered to compare.

You can’t go wrong with either Talley or Alaska Arms, both are solid companies with extremely good products and both are willing to help figure out a problem or solution.

Thanks for the responses. Had one of those :Facepalm: moments when it was mentioned to call the manufacturer directly. When I went to their website to get the number, the answer to why I could only find one height of Talley rings specifically for the CZ550 in QD was answered-they only make one height for 1", and one height for 30mm. Made that decision easier.
From everything I've seen and read, saving the $30 or so by going with the Talleys over the Alaskans is not skimping. Should have the Talley rings in hand by the time the rifle gets here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!